Need Help - Any Knowledgeable Predator Person, Please PM me ASAP

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Help Please.
I'm a Predator guy, but I am in urgent need of another opinion regarding a Predator shaft.
Anyone, ... anyone...

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
OK, instead of a painted on or inked on logo on a Z2 shaft that would have been done at the Predator factory, has anyone ever had / found a Z2 sticker on their predator shaft?
It's a Predator Z2 with a schon logo, and a 5/16 X 14 joint and a Schon pilot, but it has that sticker instead of painted Predator logo. This concerns me. Instead of the 11.75 tip, it is also 11.96? Any thoughts?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Predator sells blanks to cuemakers and includes the stickers... Whoever put the schon ring on the shaft may have wanted it to match up with an existing schon and didn't want to apply the decal under the clear coat...
May have just stuck the sticker on it so you knew it was a predator matched to a schon.....

Biggest question would be does it have the proper glue lines and ferrule type?

all the logos are stickers applied under the clear coat they are not painted on......

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
.21 mm is nothing to worry about. That can be corrected, the first time you have a new tip put on.
Are you measuring the tip or the top of the ferrule?

4 thou is the thickness of a piece of bond paper. If I wasn't so comfy in my computer chair, I would go to the shop and convert it for ya.

Post this in the Ask the Cue Maker Forum. Both KJ and Ryan from Muellars are Pred repairmen. I am sure they will put your mind at ease first thing in the morning.

You could call KJ right now. That is if you'd like to hear what a woken up Scottish guy sounds like. You might have to endure a few swear words first.
Nah, best leave it till morning when someone sees your post.

Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
.21 mm is half the size of a sheet of bond paper. That for a start is nothing to worry about.
Are you measuring the tip or the top of the ferrule?

Measuring the top of the ferrule, at the tip. i count 10 glue lines and the ferrule is the normal length for a Z2, but I wouldn't know how to tell what the material is.
The logo is a sticker under the clear coat? I never knew that

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Normally this stuff wouldn't concern me much, but when I noticed the sticker I looked at all of my other predator shafts and found one that it had several similarities to, that made me feel better until I realized that the one I was looking at was a Katana. This along with the sticker gave me great concern