Need Help, Cue Identification

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I thought it was pictures of the same cue, did not see any mention in the post there were two different cues. With the new pictures that were put up, it looks better than a $100 cue, although the shaft wood looks pretty cheap to me.

Yes, the first link did have multiple cues in it. The newer photos are much better and give more detail. The round inlay just looks kind of beginner to me, the rings don't appear to line up, and the wrap looks like it's larger than the cue itself. Maybe it's my eyes but I can see an Eddie Wheat sharpie in there somewhere.

I also don't find South West's all that exciting either, so it might be a personal thing.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the first link did have multiple cues in it. The newer photos are much better and give more detail. The round inlay just looks kind of beginner to me, the rings don't appear to line up, and the wrap looks like it's larger than the cue itself. Maybe it's my eyes but I can see an Eddie Wheat sharpie in there somewhere.

I also don't find South West's all that exciting either, so it might be a personal thing.
Very early Pechauer cues. No one said it was jewel collector item although they are rare and hardly ever seen outside Europe.

luiluke77

Registered
Lukas,

Thank you for the email.

Eurocue was a line of cues we made for Billiard Altrade back in the 90's, they helped sponsor Oliver Ortman and asked if we could make a line of cues for him. We wouldn't have literature on them since we weren't the one selling them.

Definitely looks like our work and ringwork, so it's one of ours for sure.

I wish I had more info on them, but back then we did things a little differently than now.

Happy holidays,

Jon

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I msg'd the OP on the Eurocue. Apparently, he has kind of a rare bird. I msg'd Oliver Ortmann and he said they were made by Pechauer for a Swiss dealer/importer in the early 90's. If you look at all the pics it has the markings of a quality cue. Pechauer also made some Ortmann cues around the same time.

One of my favorite 14.1 players. He has a high gear. I apparently only plays in Europe now. I don't remember him in any American tournaments recently.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorite 14.1 players. He has a high gear. I apparently only plays in Europe now. I don't remember him in any American tournaments recently.
Very aggressive and fun to sweat. Watched him play 9b a couple times and he doesn't duck much. If he can see it he's whacking at it. He still plays in Europe and runs his billiard shop.