Need Opinions/Info On Pechauer Low Deflection Shafts

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About to invest in a low deflection shaft for my pechauer. The pechauer jp speed joint is tought to match shafts up to so I am considering the pechauer performance plus pro shaft. Other 2 options are ob abd 314. I don't want to get this pechauer shaft and it play like junk. If they are no good id rather wait it out til I find an ob or predator shaft.

My question is this: how does the performance plus pro shaft play in comparison to other ld shafts. What are some of the technical specs of the shaft? Am I missing. The reviews and vids of this shaft? Because I can't find much about it here or anywhere. Any info would be great. Videos or reviews would be even better. If you were in my shoes, WHICH SHAFT WOULD YOU GO WITH?

Thanks,
Justin b.


P.s. I'm still looking for a ld shaft for my pechauer so feel free to let me know if u have one that fits the pechauer jp speed joint.
 
I have the perfomance plus shaft for my JP-08. I have shot with an OB classic pro (on a Viking cue) before and I can say I like the hit and feel of the Pechauer shaft much better. If you are used to the normal Pechauer shaft taper like I am I suggest the perfomance plus shaft. If you want an even smaller tip diameter the perfomance plus lite shaft is 11.75 MM. I like a thicker shaft so the 12.75 performance plus was perfect for me.. I was hesitant to buy at first since as you noted I could not find reviews for the Pechauer LD shafts, but I am very pleased with it.
 
I have a 60 inch Pechauer with a 30 inch 12.5mm P Plus shaft and I love it. I don't really care for the Pechauer Gold tip. The wood used in the shaft is top shelf for sure, it looks like the old school Predator shafts that everyone loves so much. I had to add some weight to my cue to balance it out but after that it was nothing but rack running haha :thumbup:

The P Plus shaft is SICK! I am going to order another one soon. If Pechauer keeps using good cuts of wood and keeps the quality up I think their shaft will have Pred and OB sweating
 
Although I don't own one myself, I have played with two different cues that had the Pechauer LD shaft on it, both were owned by Pechauer sponsored players.

I liked the hit of it, did not have that hollow hit feel that most Predators I tried did and did not feel as whippy as the few OB shafts I tried (the original OB, I have not played with any of their new shafts).
 
Thank you for posting about this. I am looking into getting one of those shafts myself and wanted to hear what some people have said.
 
I had the chance to go to a Pechauer dealer and shoot around with a lot of different combinations of shaft and tip. The regular pechauer shafts hit very nice and solid, and the P+ is a great LD shaft. I ended up going with the P+ lite on my JP13-L and scrapped the pechauer gold tip for a Kamui SS. Pechauer is a great company, and Maddie is right, Predator and OB give no competition when it comes to JP speed joint shafts.
 
Is here anyone else that has had experiences with the Pechauer Performance lite? I currently shoot with a Z2 and wanted to try something else and wanted to see how they compare. There's no shops around here that carry it and don't know anyone who shoots with it so I can't try it myself without actually buying it.
 
Back
Top