Never too many Shafts!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am consistant.
A couple Scruggs a Barnhart and a Cochran. There is another I like to play with but it has only 2 shafts!
Nick :)

Attachments

• BarnTS.jpg
    BarnTS.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Myplayers.jpg
    Myplayers.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 93

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple Jackpots with seven shafts.

Lots of different combinations to play with.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like 13.2 mm 21 1/2 oz. Maybe a little off on the weight . The light cues with the smaller shafts makes the game easy. But for pure gotta have it heavy and big. I wish light and small gave me control but the angles are easy to play and just follow everything with the lighter cues!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like 13.2 mm 21 1/2 oz. Maybe a little off on the weight . The light cues with the smaller shafts makes the game easy. But for pure gotta have it heavy and big. I wish light and small gave me control but the angles are easy to play and just follow everything with the lighter cues!

I used to have all my custom cues made at 21oz with 14mm shafts. That way I could hand taper the shafts down a bit into something I liked and they would still be above 13mm.

I ordered my production cues to the same specs.

I use a closed bridge and I prefer a fatter shaft than most people today.

I have a BIG 14mm shaft that Scot Sherbine made for one of my old cues. As soon as I get some good sanding stuff and off my lazy ass, I am going to do some work on it.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rempe played 14 Dead Eye Dick had his cues set up like that used 13.25. Buddy too I think only because Tim said ,"Someone just ordered a Cue just like this now who was that"? And he busted out laughing. Buddy. I said "What do I know". I left out balanced in front of the wrap but, butt heavy is fine.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The main cues I play with all have shafts weighing 4 ounces & heavier.

This was done because the cue butts weigh less than 15 ozs., most
weighing 14.5 ozs. I did that to maintain a specific weight ratio that I
believe is really important for the overall balance and feel of the cue.

The only cue I have with more than 3 shafts is my Runde Schon and
it has 5 shafts which seems pale in comparison with Nick’s assembly.