New 2020 Brunswick Centennial

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Brunswick had a bad couple of years when switching suppliers. But Diamond has had a bad 30 years of pin ball tables. They even want to make a 960 Simonis to fix it, instead of using a different rubber. Oh well, I digress. To each his own.

Now you done it:eek:

I prefer a properly pocket fixed Gold Crown or Medalist any day. After my housing issue is resolved I will be pulling my GC 2 out of storage. I may be down sizing but either way there will be room for a pool table either "here" or there:)

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone likes the look of a table and how it plays does it really matter where it is made? Does it? I have no idea where my GC4 came from.

Hahaha! I agree.... I wanna play pool on it not sit down and have a conversation with it.

Nikrnic

Centennials were always great looking tables. I always wanted to restore a GC2 in white but bought a new GC3 in 1987. My dad still has his Anniversary he bought new in 1960.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
B'wick is basically an assembler and seller. Their stuff is made in knockdown kits shipped from China. They assemble in Bristol and then ship to dealers. Been doing it this way for some time.
Yep BUILT BY YALIN OF CHINA(thanks for that info Garc), and still a BADASS pool table. It requires the right person to assemble it and make it play right! I also upgrade to Simonis.... If they would make the pocket with similar dimensions to a Diamond, it would be IMO 100% my favorite table out there.
just my $0.02 and surprise surprise: YEP I SELL EM TOO! Who wants one :)

TFT

I also think saying anyones restoration work is "better" is a complete contradiction, they made the design and the few of us out there that restore them are just making them look fancier. I have been lucky enough to have restored 5 of them.
dave hussung centennial.jpg
doug Centennial.jpg
photo 3 (1).JPG
charlotte centennial.jpg
bill brenner centennial.jpg

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: wife input, mine always loved Centennials, perhaps more than me, really, for our (so called :) )decor.
No doubt it saved a lot of money that i never let her get a glimpse of Trent's beautiful tables.
She ended up buying a classic 1920's BBC at auction a few years ago.

It appears that they used Honduras Mahogany for the rail caps. I like that too, maybe not as gorgeous as the old Brazilian Rosewood, but still beautiful. A good grade of Mahogany is still old school Brunswick.

Reserving judgement on the new Brunswick version: looking at what can be seen in the photos pasted on page 1, not 100% convinced it is not formica? The "grain" on many of the rails (appears) exactly the same. In custom solid wood, that might be expected as in some of the high end restorations. However, for a production run, very unlikely. Anyone had hands on?

smt

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep BUILT BY YALIN OF CHINA(thanks for that info Garc), and still a BADASS pool table. It requires the right person to assemble it and make it play right! I also upgrade to Simonis.... If they would make the pocket with similar dimensions to a Diamond, it would be IMO 100% my favorite table out there.
just my $0.02 and surprise surprise: YEP I SELL EM TOO! Who wants one :)

TFT

I also think saying anyones restoration work is "better" is a complete contradiction, they made the design and the few of us out there that restore them are just making them look fancier. I have been lucky enough to have restored 5 of them. View attachment 575625View attachment 575626View attachment 575627View attachment 575628View attachment 575629
Very nice work sir!!!!!!!!!!!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My mechanic has set up a few. He said they are not constructed as well as the originals.

It's also worth noting you cannot get the Centennial with the tournament cut pockets.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tournament 4.5? Nice Ava.

Your mechanics thoughts on the Cent ll in general?. Is it more for appearance than playing?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about compared to a GC6? They are about the same price, and I believe are both marketed for commercial use, including specs of the cushions, rails, slate, etc.
I think if it was a serious commercial it would have a pro-cut option. Just my .02.