New Action App for Your Phone

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ActionHound is a new app for your iPhone or Android. It helps you locate players (and be located) by the GPS. It has a chat feature in which the players can match up and also a venue finder to set up the match. My description is somewhat vague as to its full capacity, but I have not yet been able to use it to its full potential. Check it out and see what you think. It costs $1 and there is nothing in it for me except that maybe some more players in my area will be using it...

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
ActionHound is a new app for your iPhone or Android. It helps you locate players (and be located) by the GPS. It has a chat feature in which the players can match up and also a venue finder to set up the match. My description is somewhat vague as to its full capacity, but I have not yet been able to use it to its full potential. Check it out and see what you think. It costs $1 and there is nothing in it for me except that maybe some more players in my area will be using it...

I had to look at the post date to see if this was an April fools joke or not.
Pretty interesting

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it's not a joke. A friend of mine developed it with the help of an app writing guy. From what I've seen of it, I think it'll be quite a useful tool for players on the road and even local players. How can you go wrong for one dollar?

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
No, it's not a joke. A friend of mine developed it with the help of an app writing guy. From what I've seen of it, I think it'll be quite a useful tool for players on the road and even local players. How can you go wrong for one dollar?

I think it's a great idea for many reasons . I'll post it on Twitter.
Hopefully players will download it

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just downloaded the app and it looks well designed. They will need a good push to get people using it, and costing $0.99 will bring in about 1% of the downloads than it could get if the app was free. I think something like this could be good for finding matches, but having the user base is critical. I'd suggest changing the model to ad-based or in-app purchase and definitely allow registration through Facebook.

Mikey8717

Registered
First action using the app. It's good. The messaging needs some work and I would also like to save my settings when I search for players. The messaging bug is when you go to open a message after you have started a convo. It seems like the messages are stuck and you can't see what you are writing when you are trying to respond. I think it would be a good add to also save what sport you would want to play at the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was trying to get someone that coded Android apps to write a program like this and have it be integrated with a pool directory as well, so you can look up a room in your area, and also be in contact with players from that room or area. With actual reviews, pictures and stats about the room about what tables they have, how the players are, best times to visit, tournaments or not, etc..

Way too many so-called pool room directories do not provide any info aside from name and location, nothing about if it's a real pool room or a bar, what equipment they have, nothing.

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool gambling goes smart-phone, proof that we've never seen it all no matter how much we believe we have :)

Mikey8717

Registered
I just wish more players used it. Man it was a rush and a good time. I bet there is more to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty cool app. I just discovered it on FB with another cool pool video created by Crazy Erica --> HERE