New Aramith Black ball set . Thoughts?

Magnumsk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As seen in the 2019 Mosconi Cup. I assume they play like other Aramith high-end balls. What do you think of the look of them? Does anyone have a set? How do they look/play in person?

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As seen in the 2019 Mosconi Cup. I assume they play like other Aramith high-end balls. What do you think of the look of them? Does anyone have a set? How do they look/play in person?

There were a few threads about them. Do a search in the main forum but the consensus was not good. Brian.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hideous. All i can say.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked them at first glance, but as soon as I saw them being played I absolutely hated them. Watching the streams for the mosconi cup I couldn't tell the balls apart, which is what the whole change in colors was supposed to resolve. The new colors just made it worse.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first I thought they were a grotesque abomination to the history of pool.

Then I opened my mind and took another look.

And another.

Soon afterwards they started to gain a certain appeal. Purple 5 and all.

Then (gasp) I ordered a set to share the table with my favorite Centennials. And after playing with them I think they’re pretty cool.

And once upon a time the pink 4 and blue cloth made me irritable.