New Brunswick GC VI

chriss2020

Hi,

I'm new to the forums been playing APA off and on for years. We were recently able to move into a new place that has room for a 9' table. It was one of the first things I ordered almost 16 mos ago. I was pretty torn between Diamond and Brunswick given Diamonds investment in the game. In the end I'll say I preferred the look and play of the Brunswick. The table was recently installed. I also had a predator arena light sitting on the floor for many months :)

The table plays awesome and I'm looking forward to getting back to work on my game.

Attachments

• PXL_20220822_222542497~2.jpg
    PXL_20220822_222542497~2.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 291

phreaticus

Congrats. I have the exact same table, sans the stickers. We don't see/hear of many GC6's much less TE's. If you have already measured them, or do so in the future, I'd be curious to know what size your corner pockets came out. Even just a closeup snapshot of 2 balls sitting in the mouth of a corner pocket would be great. Enjoy your new room, it's a very nice setup. Cheers ✌️

chriss2020

The corner pockets are a bit less than 3.75 in. Photo attached.

I like the TE. I was worried that it would be less fun, but it plays very nice. Definitely can see my game growing a lot as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20220823_021706672~2.jpg
    PXL_20220823_021706672~2.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 101

phreaticus

I like the TE. I was worried that it would be less fun, but it plays very nice. Definitely can see my game growing a lot as well.
Cool. I assume your 3.75” number is at the throat (between the inner end rail points). The mouth opening in your pic looks like maybe 4.25” ish, about same as mine, but the throats on my TE are just shy of 3.5”, and they rattle way too much for my liking. Wish mine were more like yours, when it's time to recover, I'll make it so…

Enjoy!

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

point to point is 3.75"?? from the factory or was it modded??? factory specs on tournament version is for 4.5" corners. seems awful tight.

phreaticus

point to point is 3.75"?? from the factory or was it modded??? factory specs on tournament version is for 4.5" corners. seems awful tight.
Look at the pic he shows above, two balls almost fit the mouth; obviously the outer points on the mouth is not 3.75”. Looks to be 4.25-4.5” ish & the 3.75” number from the OP would be consistent with the throat size for that size mouth & WPA spec angles of 141-143 deg. BW told me that their TE meets WPA specs (4.5-4.625”), and doesn’t do custom pocket sizes. Dealer websites like this one confirm this.

In practice the few late model TE’s I’ve seen including mine from early 2020 are smaller than WPA specs, but unfortunately have a wide variance. I love my GC6 TE, but BW appears to have consistency/QA issues. Which is why I was curious to know how this new one came out.

This one looks good; maybe BW has addressed the issue, or the OP just hit the jackpot, or maybe his table tech tweaked it. Hopefully he can clarify for us when he gets a chance.

✌️

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at the pic he shows above, two balls almost fit the mouth; obviously the outer points on the mouth is not 3.75”. Looks to be 4.25-4.5” ish & the 3.75” number from the OP would be consistent with the throat size for that size mouth & WPA spec angles of 141-143 deg. BW told me that their TE meets WPA specs (4.5-4.625”), and doesn’t do custom pocket sizes. Dealer websites like this one confirm this.

In practice the few late model TE’s I’ve seen including mine from early 2020 are smaller than WPA specs, but unfortunately have a wide variance. I love my GC6 TE, but BW appears to have consistency/QA issues. Which is why I was curious to know how this new one came out.

This one looks good; maybe BW has addressed the issue, or the OP just hit the jackpot, or maybe his table tech tweaked it. Hopefully he can clarify for us when he gets a chance.

✌️
i agree. that's bigger than 3.75

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, the 4.5” tournament table is the way to go. Is that black and grey cloth? The black ones look nice.