New cloth

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I love both for pool (Simonis 860) and Snooker (Strachan).

Lately though, the rooms around Australia and bar boxes have been using CPBA or Andy cloth on pool tables.
To save money it seems.
When they are new, they are ok, but get worn faster and are more slidy, less grip.
What are your thoughts on this?
For the $$ CPBA is great cloth. Intersting fact: it's stretch index is about half as much as Simonis. It plays very nice. One hitch: the color fades fast, the darker colors are better for this. Espcially if the table is exposed to sunlight. Must be cheaper dyes. So many options for cloth, balls and tables these days. The quality of all is pretty baseline too!

TFT

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am confused. I aint selling Simonis anymore( I switched back to Championship Tour 30/30), but I dont see any reason for this. Not a single customer has ever said: I think we want something different. I like the current standard and see no need for this. Predator Cloth is out and I am looking forward to trying their product, but they are not trying to re-invent the wheel. I know what the demand is for: FAST AND TIGHT CLOTH THAT LASTS< Last time I checked, what is out there works: Champ Tour 30/30, Simonis, Gorina Besalt, Andy, CPBA PRO And Predator. Trends and fads come and go, we shall see!!! :)

TFT
Hi Trent,
I was just curious if you knew who is manufacturing Predator's felt?

Thanks

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
My most played on table, a 9 foot Diamond with brand new Strachan Superweave. So far I've played 38 games on 10 ball on it, and it plays really nice. Very slick still (brand new cloth) but banks great, draw is effortless, and jumps are very easy. Definitely can already tell it will take burn marks a lot less.

ZhLCgfX.jpg

w77usGn.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
My most played on table, a 9 foot Diamond with brand new Strachan Superweave. So far I've played 38 games on 10 ball on it, and it plays really nice. Very slick still (brand new cloth) but banks great, draw is effortless, and jumps are very easy. Definitely can already tell it will take burn marks a lot less.

ZhLCgfX.jpg

w77usGn.jpg
Looks like it will work great on home tables and Valleys!

TFT

P.s. why the that color of grey? someone must have bought up all the Tournament Blue?

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ZhLCgfX.jpg

w77usGn.jpg
Nice table

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It belongs to a good friend, we have that 9 and three 7s (all diamonds) in a shop that we rent. We have about a dozen members that share costs and can play any time day or night. :love: If you're ever in the area, let me know! (Eugene, Oregon)

OAucnF1.jpeg
I’ve been to Eugene, actually a spot called swisshome as I recall on hiway 36. Does that sound right? I took a bus there from Ca to visit my friend alone. I was 13 years old. My very first road trip. I knew them going places was my thing. No pool that trip. I’m 55 now so my memory isn’t 100%. Jack Burnett was who I went to visit

I’d love to swing by and say hello. Would be my honor. Nice looking spot and a great idea!

Thank you very much
Eric/Fatboy😀😀

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I’ve been to Eugene, actually a spot called swisshome as I recall on hiway 36. Does that sound right? I took a bus there from Ca to visit my friend alone. I was 13 years old. My very first road trip. I knew them going places was my thing. No pool that trip. I’m 55 now so my memory isn’t 100%. Jack Burnett was who I went to visit

I’d love to swing by and say hello. Would be my honor. Nice looking spot and a great idea!

Thank you very much
Eric/Fatboy😀😀
Yeah, I've spent some time in that area. One summer I was working a job in Florence and rented an apartment in Mapleton. Nice country. Got my first elk near there.

Grimper

HR is faster than reg. 860 so its no surprise your new rug is fast. Give it some time. All cloth shows burn marks.
Yea, I was going to get it put on my table when I moved it to a new place recently. My local dealer told me that it's like playing pool on ice :)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
As per my agreement with the owner of this site. I will not comment on that person or his posts because we are both supposed to have one another on ignore. After time away from the site: It is very counter productive for my business to spend my time dealing with that person.

As for the product: I sell tables and no one ever asks for slower: EVER. Some people want 760 sometimes, but, the standard worsted brands are the most popular!

TFTView attachment 639991View attachment 639992View attachment 639993
Unfortunately the table owner is not the person playing on the table. A lot of good players would like 7' Diamonds to play slower but they aint paying the bills. If people were to switch to slower cloth on the 7' tables I'm sure a lot of people would be very pleased about it then you would have customers asking for slower cloth. Even my 9' table is kinda fast with 860 on it, cue ball regularly goes 4 3/4 - 5 table lengths, I certainly wouldn't want it any faster.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately the table owner is not the person playing on the table. A lot of good players would like 7' Diamonds to play slower but they aint paying the bills. If people were to switch to slower cloth on the 7' tables I'm sure a lot of people would be very pleased about it then you would have customers asking for slower cloth. Even my 9' table is kinda fast with 860 on it, cue ball regularly goes 4 3/4 - 5 table lengths, I certainly wouldn't want it any faster.
I really agree with this!!!

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been almost 5 months since the Strachen Superweave was installed on 10 eight foot tables where I play. Was ok for the first couple months, but I would say most of the decent players do not like it now - it has become too slow. 9 ball players don’t like it and most of our 14.1 league players don’t like it. Full racks and clusters don’t open like they did with faster cloth. Strachen is kind of nappy - making it hard to get a tight rack. Besides that we are already getting some small holes in the cloth.

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been almost 5 months since the Strachen Superweave was installed on 10 eight foot tables where I play. Was ok for the first couple months, but I would say most of the decent players do not like it now - it has become too slow. 9 ball players don’t like it and most of our 14.1 league players don’t like it. Full racks and clusters don’t open like they did with faster cloth. Strachen is kind of nappy - making it hard to get a tight rack. Besides that we are already getting some small holes in the cloth.
This is good to know as I was just thinking about redoing my home table with Strachen.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Miscue holes will show up on any cloth, I don't care what it is.