New cloth

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the pool halls here is recovering their ten tables with a cloth called “Strachan Superweave”. None of us have ever heard of it - so wondering what it is going to play like. Does anyone here know anything about it? We hope it plays similar to Simonis 860

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know the comparison but Strachan is a well known brand for snooker cloth in the UK, or at least used to be. It's directional so speed varies around the table somewhat.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the pool halls here is recovering their ten tables with a cloth called “Strachan Superweave”. None of us have ever heard of it - so wondering what it is going to play like. Does anyone here know anything about it? We hope it plays similar to Simonis 860
As TRKC, he will know

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did some research and found out that Simonis bought out Strachan some time ago. Although they are well known to make Snooker cloth, I guess they also make pool table cloth now.
‘UPDATE: They finished the first couple tables - My buddy who is a very good player just communicated that he really likes the cloth.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
This cloth will very likely become the standard soon. From what I've seen and heard it doesn't mark up like 860, and plays great. I'm installing some at the private room I play in ASAP.
Someone we know (who was instrumental in bringing it to market) has been buying it up like crazy, good luck finding it in tour blue. :ROFLMAO:

GAkdwyO.jpeg

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
It's supposed to be bad assed cloth. Next year when cloth replacement happens I'm going to give it a try. @realkingcobra has the scoop on it.

1969mako

Last time I spoke to Glen, he really liked it. I am sure he will chime it but I believe he likes it more than the 860HR that's being produced right now.
I think he mentioned it was a little slower????

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That was the Pocket in Twin Falls, as well as the Pocket in Boise, ID. This week the 3 in the Side pool room in Missoula, MT gets the Tour Blue Strachan Superweave.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a woolen. A couple friends recently tried it. Said it played good but is slower than 860. If you live somewhere really humid it might be too slow once it piks up some moisture. I live in Ok and even HR gets slow not long after install. I've played on reg. Strachan snooker cloth but its nothing like SW from what i hear.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Its a woolen. A couple friends recently tried it. Said it played good but is slower than 860. If you live somewhere really humid it might be too slow once it piks up some moisture. I live in Ok and even HR gets slow not long after install. I've played on reg. Strachan snooker cloth but its nothing like SW from what i hear.
I am confused. I aint selling Simonis anymore( I switched back to Championship Tour 30/30), but I dont see any reason for this. Not a single customer has ever said: I think we want something different. I like the current standard and see no need for this. Predator Cloth is out and I am looking forward to trying their product, but they are not trying to re-invent the wheel. I know what the demand is for: FAST AND TIGHT CLOTH THAT LASTS< Last time I checked, what is out there works: Champ Tour 30/30, Simonis, Gorina Besalt, Andy, CPBA PRO And Predator. Trends and fads come and go, we shall see!!! :)

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am confused. I aint selling Simonis anymore( I switched back to Championship Tour 30/30), but I dont see any reason for this. Not a single customer has ever said: I think we want something different. I like the current standard and see no need for this. Predator Cloth is out and I am looking forward to trying their product, but they are not trying to re-invent the wheel. I know what the demand is for: FAST AND TIGHT CLOTH THAT LASTS< Last time I checked, what is out there works: Champ Tour 30/30, Simonis, Gorina Besalt, Andy, CPBA PRO And Predator. Trends and fads come and go, we shall see!!! :)

TFT
RKC thinks it the greatest stuff since slice bread. I grew up on that old mali/stevens/brunsco stuff and it was ok but i don't really want to go back to slow cloth again. No one in my area has ever heard of the stuff much less tried it.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
RKC thinks it the greatest stuff since slice bread. I grew up on that old mali/stevens/brunsco stuff and it was ok but i don't really want to go back to slow cloth again. No one in my area has ever heard of the stuff much less tried it.
As per my agreement with the owner of this site. I will not comment on that person or his posts because we are both supposed to have one another on ignore. After time away from the site: It is very counter productive for my business to spend my time dealing with that person.

As for the product: I sell tables and no one ever asks for slower: EVER. Some people want 760 sometimes, but, the standard worsted brands are the most popular!

TFT
tour-edition-logo__91337.1528470557.500.750.jpg
14bfdca22e1770fe657fc1d81da510580fccc6e0-1.jpg
01717_2SylruCqnXUz_0x20dh_1200x900.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As per my agreement with the owner of this site. I will not comment on that person or his posts because we are both supposed to have one another on ignore. After time away from the site: It is very counter productive for my business to spend my time dealing with that person.

As for the product: I sell tables and no one ever asks for slower: EVER. Some people want 760 sometimes, but, the standard worsted brands are the most popular!

TFT
Only woolen i've played on in last few yrs was MercuryUltra on a barbox and i thought it was perfect for that size table. Not a fan of superfast cloth on a bb. Like playing pinball. Too fast.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Only woolen i've played on in last few yrs was MercuryUltra on a barbox and i thought it was perfect for that size table. Not a fan of superfast cloth on a bb. Like playing pinball. Too fast.
I never really play on 7ft, thats the hardest part for me: slowing down my stroke. I prefer one pocket on the big table and still like the big table vs little. I still enjoy playin some pinball pool from time to time.

TFT

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The SW is 25% nylon 75% wool. The thing is, its not new per say, its a new remake of the most dominant cloth used in the history of this sport, the Stevens 22oz Superweave and the Brunsco-1 cloth, so it's only new to those who've NEVER used it before! Its slipper than a worsted woolen cloth, which means much easier to get cue ball spin, no friction on the nose of the cushions to create shorter angles and springy ness off the cushion either.

Its a bar table cloth that let's you finally play your game,instead of you trying to play the speed of the cloth like you're playing on an ice skating rink! And, because the cloth has been shaved, there's no peeling to speak of. No break lines to the rack, no cue ball break burns, no rack burns, in almost 3 MONTHS now, name ONE cloth that can make THAT CLAIM!

And about 75% LESS cost than most ALL worsted woolen cloths sold today!!!

In this industry today, either you're the SHEEP following along blindly, or you're the WOLF eating the competition! Which one are YOU?

I'm NOT one to be lead by what's being advertised as the BEST, I can make THAT judgement my damn self!!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And its quite a bit different than the old Mali days, its almost as fast as 860HR, only without the friction. The ability to draw the cue ball back 2' takes about 50% less effort than on the 860HR!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And here's one for those who think they're the geniuses in this industry, the 10 Diamond 7fts recovered at the Pocket in Twin Falls with he Slate Gray Superweave consist of 4 Blue Label and 6 Red Label tables, but AFTER they were recovered, there was NO noticeable difference between how the tables played, no banking short or playing springy off the rails on the Red Labels, EXPLAIN THAT😅🤣🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And on the tables that have had the Strachan Superweave for over 2 months now, NO grain tracking, NO balls wobbling left and right in the last 3-4" of roll before they stop. AND, one of the best players in Idaho was playing 9B on the first 7ft Diamond i installed the cloth on, using the magic rack, he still made the 9 on the break 3 out of 10 breaks, hmmmm!!!!