new cushion installation for a kim steel table

mikesky

Registered
I would like to install new cushions on a older kim steel table. what are the specs on the cushions? k-55 or k-66? is this very hard to do? I have done set up on 4-5 different brands of tables in the past, but never new cushions. if I am in over my head, who is a good mechanic in the northern nj area that can handle this? thanks mike

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would like to install new cushions on a older kim steel table. what are the specs on the cushions? k-55 or k-66? is this very hard to do? I have done set up on 4-5 different brands of tables in the past, but never new cushions. if I am in over my head, who is a good mechanic in the northern nj area that can handle this? thanks mike

K66 profile cushions, and get a hold of Pat...aka pooltables911

mikesky

Registered
thank you reelkingcobra. I spoke with pooltable911 and he was super nice and helpful. He referred me to table tek, out of PA. I also spoke with Liam at Sam leisure in UK. he told me the older kim steel mark 1 table cushions are k-55. after I inspected my table at home, cut away some of the simonis cloth, and took a few measurements, the top of the cushion measures 1 and 1/4 inches (1.25 inches) making it a k-55. I hope this helps some of us with kim steel tables.

TableTek

Silver Member
Kim Steel cushion replacement

Hi Mike,
We've been playing phone tag a bit, but yes I will be more than willing and able to get your Kim Steel rails done properly. And better yet, I actually have 3 Kim Steel tables now too so we can reference to them. Once we check the angles and determine the cushions needed it is only a couple hour job so if you are bringing them down you might as well hang out and play on my table while I finish yours. I have to re-cushion on my mine too, so I will do em both then. Next week is going to be very busy, gonna be on the road for a couple days but we can go over schedule when we catch up on phone. I am generally available during 9-5 hours, tomorrow I will be working in shop so if I can't pickup I will call you back as soon as I get to a stopping point. Thanks
Rob