NEW FORUM...FOR the BANNED

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How Does One Join Jimbo Army?

Maybe it's me, but I have never been able to join Jimbo Army.If any on the mods are reading this, please contact me.

Thanks,

Jay

I'm on both forums. I'm an old RSBer and stopped the online pool stuff when that forum died out. I started actively posting in the Jimbo Army forum first, when I got back in to pool, as I knew Freddie, Jim, Murray and others from the old days. I like Jimbo Army at least in part because there are fewer posts, with a pretty good "signal-to-noise" ratio. I find it very hard to keep up with AZ - and I'm never going to read 20 pages worth of a thread. That said, there is a ton on AZ that I would miss if I didn't participate on this board as well.

So, I don't see the Jimbo army site as any type of rival for AZ, it is really a totally different thing. And so it should be.

Gideon

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I've seen our name a few times in this thread and feel the need to set a few things straight. There is only one active user on our site that is banned here that I know of. Contrary to popular belief Jimmy is not banned.

I am one of the founders (along with Jimmy) of the site, am a administrator and I host it on my server. From the beginning we never wanted to be in competition with AZ. Our goal for the main forum was to bring back the good ole days of RSB (Rec.Sport.Billiard for you young guys who don't know what Usenet is) and then add other more serious forums. We had Q&A sessions with some of the best cuemakers (and case maker and tip maker) on the planet. Another gallery was devoted to showcase some of the biggest collectors cues plus give people a place to show the cues they are proud of. In another forum we have tutorials of how the different components of cues are built.

Now, did everything go as planned? Not really. We knew the name sucked from the beginning. Jimbo was not even the one who came up with it. We should have changed is sooner but well...........stuff happens. Then collectors get out of the game, get their ego's bruised and what not. We leave their sections active because they were promised their own forum that they had complete control of.

I really think that if people would go beyond the main section and check out the Cue Gallery, Ask the Cuemaker, Anatomy of a cue etc. they would see the good stuff we have to offer. Changes are coming that will hopefully make the forum a better place. In the mean time I will keep posting here and there. Myself, and most of the members, don't have a here vs. there mentality.

Oh, and for those that say you can't get banned there. Come on over and give that a try.

This is the reason why so many people do not participate on Jimbo's.
In my opinion it's by design, and not that it matters,but the discussions with "the best
cuemakers" and the "biggest collectors" must be happening in that exclusive forum
on Jimbo's, because I can't find anything interesting in the main forum and it moves too slow.

Peace
Ted

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go there "like once a year lurker", why are you shocked about what happens there?

I haven't posted much on pool forums in the last year because I became sick of the bvllshit fed to me by certain people.

There is a GIANT misconception about the the people that post there. I consider myself well respected on this forum and I post there. There are very knowledgable members on that forum including some top cuemakers. To disparage a place like that, you or anybody else are just ridiculous.

Are there clowns there? Of course. Are there clowns here? I'll let you decide.

Chris Dickey

Becaaaaaause, the last time I looked there was a discussion that had gone on and Billy had openly called Jimbo a c*nt and challenged him to ban him and Jimbo laughed it off. so for me to now find out Billy finally got whacked after that incident didn't get him banned, is shocking to me.

Lou Figueroa

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
This is the reason why so many people do not participate on Jimbo's.
In my opinion it's by design, and not that it matters,but the discussions with "the best
cuemakers" and the "biggest collectors" must be happening in that exclusive forum
on Jimbo's, because I can't find anything interesting in the main forum and it moves too slow.

Peace
Ted

Once you sign in they are visible.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Becaaaaaause, the last time I looked there was a discussion that had gone on and Billy had openly called Jimbo a c*nt and challenged him to ban him and Jimbo laughed it off. so for me to now find out Billy finally got whacked after that incident didn't get him banned, is shocking to me.

Lou Figueroa

I'm going to bow out after this post because my intention was to set a record straight. Not be a promoter.

There has been a change in attitude of late. Getting called a c*nt if you deserve it is one thing. Screwing up a good thread and causing harm to the forum just because you think you can is another matter.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Maybe it's me, but I have never been able to join Jimbo Army.If any on the mods are reading this, please contact me.

Thanks,

Jay

There is a sticky with my contact info for anyone having trouble.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

Murray, I just wanted to point out that in my opinion Jimbo's Army is the way it is by design.
My navigation skills are pretty good, not great, but I do log in every time

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen our name a few times in this thread and feel the need to set a few things straight. There is only one active user on our site that is banned here that I know of. Contrary to popular belief Jimmy is not banned.

I am one of the founders (along with Jimmy) of the site, am a administrator and I host it on my server. From the beginning we never wanted to be in competition with AZ. Our goal for the main forum was to bring back the good ole days of RSB (Rec.Sport.Billiard for you young guys who don't know what Usenet is) and then add other more serious forums. We had Q&A sessions with some of the best cuemakers (and case maker and tip maker) on the planet. Another gallery was devoted to showcase some of the biggest collectors cues plus give people a place to show the cues they are proud of. In another forum we have tutorials of how the different components of cues are built.

Now, did everything go as planned? Not really. We knew the name sucked from the beginning. Jimbo was not even the one who came up with it. We should have changed is sooner but well...........stuff happens. Then collectors get out of the game, get their ego's bruised and what not. We leave their sections active because they were promised their own forum that they had complete control of.

I really think that if people would go beyond the main section and check out the Cue Gallery, Ask the Cuemaker, Anatomy of a cue etc. they would see the good stuff we have to offer. Changes are coming that will hopefully make the forum a better place. In the mean time I will keep posting here and there. Myself, and most of the members, don't have a here vs. there mentality.

Oh, and for those that say you can't get banned there. Come on over and give that a try.

There was a guy here a year or 2 back called himself goose something or other. He managed to piss off the entire community pretty much inside of a week or so. Anyway last I heard he was banned from here, went over to your site, pulled the same stunt over there, with the same results. That's about all I know about your site, no harm intended.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I found the Sticky but don't see any contact info.

If I need to sign-in to do so, that is my problem. I registered for the sit a long time ago, but nothing happened after that. I can't sign-in and I can't register again because a message appears stating that my email address is already registered on the site.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Used to be one,,,,, called Jimbo's Army I believe.

Not sure if it's still up or not.

They can go to Jimbo's Army. You can't get banned there

Not that anyone would care, but JimBoArmy.com is not nor ever has been a repository of banned miscreants.

JimBo himself is not banned from AZ (you can look up his membership status). Murray Tucker is certainly not banned.

Those are the two that have been running that site for years.

JimBoArmy was initially setup in InsidePoolMag.com forums as a virtual pool room that didn't have to be "on topic," but rather spanned any number of daily conversations you might have in any pool hall across the US. Today, it is independent from any billiard publication. Nobody has to worry about being questionably moderated. Posters can talk about pool, pool rooms, drinking, bacon, gunmen in France, etc.... Just like any poolroom.

Whether anyone likes or dislikes the idea of that forum is completely irrelevant. If one likes it, join up and contribute; if you don't like, then don't. The forum is open to discussions, with the main commonality being that everyone has some level of interest in pool/billiards.

Freddie <~~~ JimBoArmy member

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I post on both JA and on AZB. As Freddie (Cornerman) stated, JA is not a site for banned AZB members. The content and audiences seem different enough to keep my interest on both sites. Murray and Jim are quite tolerant of the other characters who post on JA. The only caveat is that when you dish it out, you should be able to take it as well. I like JA because I can respond openly to comments made by cuemakers. From my perspective, the most interesting cuemaker comments on AZB are posted in the Ask The Cuemaker section where my responses (other than by PM) are not appropriate.

I have made good friendships on both sites.

Greg <---- AZB and JA member with enough time in retirement to read both

BrooklynJay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both sites have it's pros and cons. More honest answers real questions there by people not trying to sell you something...for sale section here is great...

It's definitely not a place for people who are banned. People who usually get banned here aren't particularly loved over there. Once an a-hole, always an a-hole you know?

I happen to frequent JA a bit more due to the chat function which is probably why there's a lower number of threads and posts there - everything is asked and answered in real time.

bondsman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I propose a more realistic and much easier to enforce policy. No bans except for statements that libelous or for language that would be illegal for public use. I was allow by Mr. Howerton to return after being permanently banned. My banning occurred after mutually heated exchanges with the KINGS of NPR. retaliated to what I felt were racially insensitive statement by other posters. Banning from that forum can be because you share a different point of view the five favored and protected posters on NPR. most of us know the group I am speaking about.

Make the policy more like if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen, Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. I believe many bannings are from statements less or no more offensive than the statement that was responded to. I am a big boy and I cannot see anything anyone can say to me that would merit banning. I would not set a fire and throw gasoline and then report a fire. I post this in fear that I can get banned for this post. I enjoy reading and posting here. but it must be fair.

Last edited:

bogey54311

"cheese"
Silver Member
Isn't it funny how the most uninformed new nits to this site think they have a clue what they are talking about and people eat it up with a spoon?
For you new nits, and the old ones who think they know it all, Jimbo's site isn't for the banned.
I'd ask you to sign up for free and take a look at the content he has for the members.
Like what? How about any member to ask top cue and case makers any questions they want, and they will answer them. How about to be able to have a spirited conversation about pool and the cue world without fear of being banned. How about people actually in a live chatroom talking about pool.
Ever wonder why those top makers post over on Jimbo's site and not here? Well those are the reasons why that site was started and why they don't post here.
You're always gonna get internet asshats any site you go to, I get that, but the site was born out of the bullshit AZ had, pure and simple.

I dare you to sign up and see for yourselves.

-Bogey

CKurzweil

I am proud to be a member of JA, there are a lot of good people on the site and I have many friends I talk to on a regular basis from there. I think the perception is that it is what Australia was to England in the past (a place for misfits) and that is so far from the truth.

Dustry

Banned
i'm all for it

In view of the recent just and unjust bannings the ownership may consider a NEW forum where all, and only, the banned can post. Because they're banned there can be no bannable offence.

Can you dig it: fast larry, drivermaker, barton, shorty, coco's many alias's, wheat, painter, hang m high, barkcinnamon, scthom, sweetmarissa, etc. It would be like the night of the living dead,

As a community we can make this happen

more than 6 pages, over 78 replies and well over 3,000 views, count me in :rolleyes: