New Here? - Introduce Yourself

sonoman

Been lurking for 12 years. Really appreciate the information some of the posters make regarding equipment and also enjoy the banter.
I will not be posting a lot. I am retired and like many of you spent my high school time in the pool hall. I have played local tournaments
and a little league play. I have met some of you at the DCC. AZB has been a blessing during covid 19 time. Best hopes for 2021 SONOMAN

DangleShot

Hello, I'm Bill from just outside Buffalo, NY. I'm 50 years old and have periodically read a few messages on this board over the years as I researched anything about pool, billiards and snooker. I started playing when I was in my early teens and still play once or twice a month now. More than half of my time on the tables has been by myself, I don't play in tournaments and leagues, I'm a geek and a nerd and cherish the romance and geometry and texture of the game rather than competition. My favorite tables are Brunswick Crown II gully tables. Being close to Canada I've played a fair amount of snooker, also. My screen name is an ode to my speed control when I was younger, if I needed to hit a ball slowly or wanted to show off a little, I could roll it to the edge of the pocket, stop, and then dangle in with a little bit of drama. :)

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Hello, I'm Bill from just outside Buffalo, NY. I'm 50 years old and have periodically read a few messages on this board over the years as I researched anything about pool, billiards and snooker. I started playing when I was in my early teens and still play once or twice a month now. More than half of my time on the tables has been by myself, I don't play in tournaments and leagues, I'm a geek and a nerd and cherish the romance and geometry and texture of the game rather than competition. My favorite tables are Brunswick Crown II gully tables. Being close to Canada I've played a fair amount of snooker, also. My screen name is an ode to my speed control when I was younger, if I needed to hit a ball slowly or wanted to show off a little, I could roll it to the edge of the pocket, stop, and then dangle in with a little bit of drama. :)
Good to have you on the forum Bill, nice story :cool:

71dewajack

I'm DJ, new to the forum. Played a ton in my youth, and then life happened (wife, kids, responsibility), which took me on a different path. Now I'm back into the game and having a blast. Originally from MN, but now reside in the Rocky Mountains. Looking forward to learning from others and escaping from the grind from time to time.

45Anniversary

Hi everyone my name is Bill. I found your site when trying to research an Anniversary table that we recently purchased. I live in Washington state and I'm retired Navy.

DieselPete

Greetings!

I look forward to being a part of the forum community. I am returning to the game after years away. With my only child headed off to college in the fall, the time is right to reinvest in myself by re-engaging a favorite hobby.

I grew up playing at Pockets, in Lansing, Michigan in the late 1980s and early 1990s and then at Playtime Billiards in Kalamazoo until the early 2000s. Pockets was a hotbed at the time, so as a teenager I had the chance to practice with and watch players like Jimmy Mataya, Eva Laurance, Bucky Bell, Gary Nolan, Larry Wiggins and other players who ran like water. Those were great days.

I now reside in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale area) and hope to join a league and/or enter tournaments, so any heads-up on places to play or groups to join would be appreciated.

MrKnives

Glad to finally get here and poke around and become a part of the brotherhood/sisterhood. Enjoying getting back into some playing recently after many many years away from the sport. Here from Houston Texas.

CanadianGuy

Hi All,

Toronto area guy here, (technically Mississauga) 46 years old and getting back into the game after around a 25 year break, great forum!

TexasPoolPlayer7

Name is Matt, 39 years old hailing from Camp Lejeune, NC by way of Simi Valley, California. Been playing pool since I was 21 mostly at a place called Rack Daddy’s in Wichita Falls, TX, and other pool halls and bars around the country and world. I currently own a Gandy Big G from the 1960’s so I don’t frequent many pool rooms anymore due to having my own, but do fancy getting out and playing on the Diamond and Gold Crowns at Rack’ms here in Jacksonville, NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DryFlyTrout

What's up AZB?
I'm a not so great player hoping to improve. I shoot in APA at a SL4. Lol yup like I said, not quite great! I'm using a Meucci sneaky now and shoot on a 7' Valley bar table at home. It's what I play on in league the majority of the time, so it seemed to make sense to practice on the same.

I think i was 5 wins in 6 matches last session (shortened due to Covid) and am 3/4 so far this session. There may be hope for me yet...

Nyquil

New here?
Introduce yourself, tell us where you hail from and a bit about yourself.
Hey all. I used to play local B level leagues 15 or so years ago. My career along with becoming a father put my passion for billiards on the back burner. I recently bought a new place and I finally have the room/budget for my own table. I read thru a lot of the threads on this forum and all things pointed to 💎 or a used gold crown. After searching around for awhile I reached out to Heath and I am finalizing my order for a 9ft Pro Am this following Monday. I am really excited to get back into this great therapeutic hobby. I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum and absorbing as much as I can to become a proficient player.

Cheers
Brent

jimster

Greetings, After a long time of just playing now and then we are getting back to playing weekly on our BBC Wellington table. Work got in the way for years and now after selling the business we are playing more. We each have Finish Line Cues made for us by Dave Jones. We love them. I've been spending time learning more and refreshing my game as I used to play Snooker as well as 8 & 9 ball. It will take time and practice to sharpen our skills. This is a great forum to learn more. Thanks!

wolfgang144

hi there,
I am Wolfgang from sw germany, 65 years young, w. nearly 50 years of Pool,
started playing in 72 when pool in germany was just rising,
Beeing a long time lurker at AZ and the Corona-Virus geeting me off the street and Poolhalls, I thought I was time to register at AZ,
I'm not talented, not the best, but I love pool

Last edited:

smallstonefan

Since I just came out of lurking to post on another thread I thought it was time to say hi. I am James and I'm from Papillion, Nebraska.

I'm 51 and though I've had a table for 17 years I really just started playing about three months ago. I had originally bought the table more as a piece of furniture because it fit the room (and I always had a table in the house growing up). Covid made me realize what I was sitting on and I started diving in deep and fast. The strategic aspect of shape is like playing chess, figuring out the english and power of a stroke is like solving a puzzle, and sinking balls is viscerally satisfying; I am LOVING the game.

Just had my table recovered and decided to have them come back and move it. I have a few tough angles that require a short cue. It's a big room so I'm having the table turned 90 degrees and I'll have minimum six feet on each side. My wife said "you're taking over the whole room!" and my son and I pointed out that I'm the only one that uses the room! lol

I'm looking forward to visiting my dad in Florida and playing him since he's played all his life.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I just came out of lurking to post on another thread I thought it was time to say hi. I am James and I'm from Papillion, Nebraska.

I'm 51 and though I've had a table for 17 years I really just started playing about three months ago. I had originally bought the table more as a piece of furniture because it fit the room (and I always had a table in the house growing up). Covid made me realize what I was sitting on and I started diving in deep and fast. The strategic aspect of shape is like playing chess, figuring out the english and power of a stroke is like solving a puzzle, and sinking balls is viscerally satisfying; I am LOVING the game.

Just had my table recovered and decided to have them come back and move it. I have a few tough angles that require a short cue. It's a big room so I'm having the table turned 90 degrees and I'll have minimum six feet on each side. My wife said "you're taking over the whole room!" and my son and I pointed out that I'm the only one that uses the room! lol

I'm looking forward to visiting my dad in Florida and playing him since he's played all his life.
Enjoy your journey.

MurrayNevada

New old guy here from the Mojave Desert. Have not played in about 50-years and getting back into it with my young grandkids. Already learned a lot here and know I'll learn more.