New Home Table Help

ghindi7

Registered
Hey guys, need some help...

I am purchasing a new table, finally got a new house with room for a 9'...

I am between the Diamond Professional and the Gold Crown 4, both same price delivered and installed from a reputable mechanic. The Gold Crown would have new extended rails and both tables new tournament cloth...

All opinions would be helpful. Thanks

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both same price, I would do the new Diamond pro.

Some people really prefers the way the GC play though. Too many inconsistencies between GC. You would then need a good table mechanic.

6K+ for a GC4 might be a bit much.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Some people really prefers the way the GC play though. Too many inconsistencies between GC. You would then need a good table mechanic.

Both same price, you are getting ripped off on the gc

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"Both tables...from reputable mechanic"

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 264

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Local shop was quoting me 9200-10K for GC5.

I've seen it mentioned on here heavy discounts can be had, but I have not seen it.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yes the new goldcrowns are insanely over priced and I don't ever hear anyone complementing them, wonder how many actually have thwm

When you can find used 9ft pro ams for 4000

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The diamond pro is also used and price is around 3900.

Which GC4. The black ones are premium priced. Worth around $2500. The standard brown 1500-2000. Plus moving, setup, cloth.
Extended rails make it worth more if done properly. What size are the pocket openings?

Which Diamond? If it's blue label, buy it. If red label I'd get the GC.

Just my opinion:thumbup:

ghindi7

Registered
The GC is mahogany with bronze trim and I'm not sure which diamond. I believe it is 7-8 years old, will inquire as to if it is red or blue label. Thanks for the help.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Didnt the bronze trim end on Gold Crown III"s? GCIV's have the corner castings with Brunswick cast into them, correct?