New JBCases Rugged Butterfly arrived.😋

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So I got my New JBCases Rugged Butterfly 2 x 4 Cue Case a few days back. So here goes with little report, I actually snail mailed my order to JBCases on June 4, 2021 as my computer is very old, and not compatible with JBCases on line order builder.

John confirmed the ordered, and it was paid for, and in order pipeline 6/16/2001. So process started, and Cue Case was on order WAHOO.

Did not order anything too fancy, in fact you might call it Basic Rugged 2 x 4 Butterfly Cue Case with a few custom features, like colors, pocket configurations, special zipper compartment, embroidered name, plus a few extras.

John has done couple of good U-Tubes showing what can be ordered on his ButterFly Case, so if you interested, suggest you visit John’s U-Tube Channel, know as “JBCases on U-Tube”. He also showcases his New Cue Cases being shipped to customers on the same U-Tube channel, worth a look to get inspiration, ideas, and see the latitude of his work. JMHO

So I order a 2 x 4 Basic Rugged Butterfly Case in Black, not very exciting right. Most of the modifications were very reasonable in priced. Case out of Box EMPTY Weighed in a 4 Pounds 4 Ounces.

These are the modifications I ordered to the Basic Butterfly to make it mine.

• Main Color- Rugged Case Nylon - Black

• Interior Color - Safety Orange

• Stitching Color - All Stitching - Safety Orange

• Zipper Pull Color (All Zipper Pulls) - Safety Orange

• Chalk Holder/Joint Protector Holding Gizmo - Leather Black Body with Safety Orange Lining. Velcro back so I can adjust up or down in small pocket, or large pocket.

• Name Embroidered inside lower portion of Small (Top/Small) Pocket.

• All Metal Hardware - Antique Brass Color

• Towel Ring - Antique Brass Color

• Extra Zippered Mesh Compartment Inside the Bottom Pocket, facing outward, like JBCases did on Cue Case Review on U-tube called the “Ring Case”.

• Accessory Jump Butt Sleeve - Removable - Safety Orange, of course.

• One Removable/Moveable Mesh Accessory Pocket.

Case arrived to me on October 28, 2021. Yes there was a delay in building as apparently the City were John’s Factory is located, went into a Covid-19 Lock-down for 21 days. Covid has fooked up everything. But honestly any time I contracted John & Karen making an inquiry about ETA, I got a PM status report ASAP.

So I will make a few first impressions, about construction, materials, fit, finish, and over quality of sticking, and workmanship. All I can say is JBCases are a quality product produced by John, Karen, and their Team of Craftspeople.

When I first got this Cue Case I looked it over for quality, the only thing I saw was a lot of attention to detail, a quality product, and customer satisfaction is JBCases mission.

John continues to come up with new ideas, better ideas, and he and his team makes top quality products.

So if you thinking New Cue Case be it a Stock Design, Full Blown Custom Sheridan Tooled Case, or just want something special with a Logo, Artwork, Special Design, Special Configuration, or?

Well if you can imagine it, write down, or communicate your ideas. John & his team can almost for sure, turn you idea, into a finish product to make you smile.

I will add I never owned a Butterfly Pool Cue Case before it is Semi Hard Cue Case, but when you Zip Up it has plenty of Cue PROTECTION. Case is very user friendly, easy to get accessories in and out of. Last I saw other peoples Butterfly Type Cue Cases motivated me to purchase. All other cheap brands, all seem to have faults, shortcoming, poor protection, crappie pocket access, JBCases overcame those problems.

Member SSDiver2112 gave me idea to buy a roll of 3/4” x 48” Velcro Strapping to create some Fastener/Strap to put in pockets. Found this in sewing department of local variety store, under $4.00. Works perfect keep items like accessories, bridge head, small boxes of chalk, etc., from moving up, down, or sideway in pocket. Yes imitation is highest form of flattery.

Enjoy photos below shot by me with crappie camera, and crappie light.

Attachments

• A8E91959-8E8A-4798-A52A-8082998284A6.jpeg
    A8E91959-8E8A-4798-A52A-8082998284A6.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 339
  • B4896601-4F17-4C0E-B3E8-03E1E57F2E67.jpeg
    B4896601-4F17-4C0E-B3E8-03E1E57F2E67.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 2625FCA6-DA63-4912-95C9-55F3DF0E0097.jpeg
    2625FCA6-DA63-4912-95C9-55F3DF0E0097.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 06BEF35A-0B4A-484F-B408-810176F8840F.jpeg
    06BEF35A-0B4A-484F-B408-810176F8840F.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I got my New JBCases Rugged Butterfly 2 x 4 Cue Case a few days back. So here goes with little report, I actually snail mailed my order to JBCases on June 4, 2021 as my computer is very old, and not compatible with JBCases on line order builder.

John confirmed the ordered, and it was paid for, and in order pipeline 6/16/2001. So process started, and Cue Case was on order WAHOO.

Did not order anything too fancy, in fact you might call it Basic Rugged 2 x 4 Butterfly Cue Case with a few custom features, like colors, pocket configurations, special zipper compartment, embroidered name, plus a few extras.

John has done couple of good U-Tubes showing what can be ordered on his ButterFly Case, so if you interested, suggest you visit John’s U-Tube Channel, know as “JBCases on U-Tube”. He also showcases his New Cue Cases being shipped to customers on the same U-Tube channel, worth a look to get inspiration, ideas, and see the latitude of his work. JMHO

So I order a 2 x 4 Basic Rugged Butterfly Case in Black, not very exciting right. Most of the modifications were very reasonable in priced. Case out of Box EMPTY Weighed in a 4 Pounds 4 Ounces.

These are the modifications I ordered to the Basic Butterfly to make it mine.

• Main Color- Rugged Case Nylon - Black

• Interior Color - Safety Orange

• Stitching Color - All Stitching - Safety Orange

• Zipper Pull Color (All Zipper Pulls) - Safety Orange

• Chalk Holder/Joint Protector Holding Gizmo - Leather Black Body with Safety Orange Lining. Velcro back so I can adjust up or down in small pocket, or large pocket.

• Name Embroidered inside lower portion of Small (Top/Small) Pocket.

• All Metal Hardware - Antique Brass Color

• Towel Ring - Antique Brass Color

• Extra Zippered Mesh Compartment Inside the Bottom Pocket, facing outward, like JBCases did on Cue Case Review on U-tube called the “Ring Case”.

• Accessory Jump Butt Sleeve - Removable - Safety Orange, of course.

• One Removable/Moveable Mesh Accessory Pocket.

Case arrived to me on October 28, 2021. Yes there was a delay in building as apparently the City were John’s Factory is located, went into a Covid-19 Lock-down for 21 days. Covid has fooked up everything. But honestly any time I contracted John & Karen making an inquiry about ETA, I got a PM status report ASAP.

So I will make a few first impressions, about construction, materials, fit, finish, and over quality of sticking, and workmanship. All I can say is JBCases are a quality product produced by John, Karen, and their Team of Craftspeople.

When I first got this Cue Case I looked it over for quality, the only thing I saw was a lot of attention to detail, a quality product, and customer satisfaction is JBCases mission.

John continues to come up with new ideas, better ideas, and he and his team makes top quality products.

So if you thinking New Cue Case be it a Stock Design, Full Blown Custom Sheridan Tooled Case, or just want something special with a Logo, Artwork, Special Design, Special Configuration, or?

Well if you can imagine it, write down, or communicate your ideas. John & his team can almost for sure, turn you idea, into a finish product to make you smile.

Enjoy photos below shot by me with crappie camera, and crappie light.
Nice case Coco. 👍

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I agree JB's butterfly cases are so much better than any other brand I have seen. It is great we don't only have to buy a stock case. We can get what we want, from personalizing the case to your style to practical modifications like pocket sizes and configurations, clips, rings, handles, whatever.

Glad your happy with your new case. It is a beauty.

chenjy9

Awesome case! JB Cases are totally worth the wait! I have a 2x5/3x4 version for going to the pool hall with called "Muh Boi" and a 4x8 that I keep at home to store my cues that I lovingly call "The Vault".

tomatoshooter

I like the orange interior. I don't understand why so many things have black interior, it becomes hard to find things in poor light.

tabi1

Registered
Well I have been using Case a week or so, it is user friendly, mean getting Cues and or Accessories in and out is easy.

Quality, Construction, Fit, Finish, ROCKS.👍👍👍👍👍
You hit the nail on the head, i love the ease of getting to everything very easily once i unzip it on my butterfly. I have a 4x8, if i buy another one i will buy a 2x4 as i am not lugging that many cues around anywhere. Nice choice, and the color choices work well together.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I like the orange interior. I don't understand why so many things have black interior, it becomes hard to find things in poor light.

Well I like Black n Orange I think it works.

If you go to JBCases u-tube page/channel, John does show cases of his orders before shipping.

He did a Rugged recently for kid who just got, Eagle Scout.

Scout color, and Eagle Scout badge. Cool.👍

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You hit the nail on the head, i love the ease of getting to everything very easily once i unzip it on my butterfly. I have a 4x8, if i buy another one i will buy a 2x4 as i am not lugging that many cues around anywhere. Nice choice, and the color choices work well together.

Well I was sort of scared of Butterfly, as my MASONITE John did for me years ago was perfection.

The Butterfly is much more friendly to use.

It’s like say I found the best Cigar, then you find a new best Cigar.👍🤪

tabi1

Registered
Well I was sort of scared of Butterfly, as my MASONITE John did for me years ago was perfection.

The Butterfly is much more friendly to use.

It’s like say I found the best Cigar, then you find a new best Cigar.👍🤪
Fully understand the fear, and glad to hear that you found your new best cigar :D

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the orange!

As you already know, John makes a great case. You’re gonna be happy with that bad boy for a long, long time!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well this is my 4th or 5th JB, not counting GTF’s that JBCases made for a big client.

Well John did this Utube all Butterfly’s.

Gives you ideas of things he, JBCases does.😎

Last edited: