New North Demon Cues

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Alright, I think that most of you have seen North Demon Cues post on here. I remember a few years ago seeing him post here and there but I remember thinking "He has some very high end equipment and his work looks pristine". Fast forward to about a month ago I finally reached out to him and I quickly learned he is very passionate about cue building. He has an eye for design and is very detail oriented.

I was able to acquire three cues from him and I am absolutely blown away. The inlays are so precise and perfect. You'll see Silver, Rose Gold, Abalone, and Mother of Pearl featured in these cues.

The abalone cue has my number though, I love it.

E15B030C-1DDA-4CB3-8FD0-D13C1745FCE5_1_201_a.jpeg

769A9CA2-BB14-4109-B31C-7EF4517B3BA5_1_201_a.jpeg

80847D95-1DE8-40BA-884C-B5E538280852_1_201_a.jpeg

8F34AA4C-D02E-4F06-A726-BB46DA0A1203_1_201_a.jpeg

C3966720-8FA7-4DC5-B426-3D2120F39DC4_1_201_a.jpeg

46737D06-55BA-48C9-B406-EF265691A5A3_1_201_a.jpeg

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look familiar? If you know anything about cues, it should. The cuemaker with the real "eye for design" here would be Bob Manzino and his cue Silver Rhapsody. The cue was an award winner at the 2006 ICCS. New North Demon Cues may or may not put out top notch work, but to say he has an eye for design would be a stretch, IMO.

Attachments

• Manzino Silver Rhapsody facebook.jpg
    Manzino Silver Rhapsody facebook.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 297

north_demon_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look familiar? If you know anything about cues, it should. The cuemaker with the real "eye for design" here would be Bob Manzino and his cue Silver Rhapsody. The cue was an award winner at the 2006 ICCS. New North Demon Cues may or may not put out top notch work, but to say he has an eye for design would be a stretch, IMO.
First of all, I admit that they have similarities in the patterns. But as far as the whole work is concerned, I don't think it is enough to cause misunderstanding. Sometimes I use internet patterns. Many cuemakers will also.It's just that most people don't know. Because you will not pay attention to this. So you will not have seen these patterns.Sometimes you think it's all original.Yes, using a certain pattern on the cue is original.But some patterns are not original in themselves.In addition,I think you can find that there are countless patterns to choose from. So this is really not a deliberate imitation. I can only say that my assistant and I are a little careless.

Attachments

• 16pic_5237648_b.jpg
    16pic_5237648_b.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 298
  • 16pic_5237648_b.jpg
    16pic_5237648_b.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot_20211215-143916_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-143916_Gallery.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 261
  • mmexport1639549400048.jpg
    mmexport1639549400048.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Dealing with such a small space (roughly an inch wide) it's amazing to get the variety of designs we have. Similarities are bound to happen. Inspiration and tribute happen. Using stock images is also a possibility. Still these are very beautiful cues.

I agree, Bob Manzino is a master. A guy on one of our teams breaks down his cue between every game and puts it in the case until the next game. I was talking to him the other day while he still had it in his hand and asked him about it. He is a friend of Bob's (doesn't live far from here) and it was a cue Bob made for him years ago. Not as fancy as the silver rhapsody, but still amazing work.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I wanted to give it a couple of weeks before I commented on how I feel the cues play. The aesthetics of the cue and fit and finish are amongst the best I’ve owned and seen.

My daily player is a SugarTree just to give everyone a point of reference if you’ve owned one before.

All of his cues come with a bumper that will accept a 5/8 threaded extension which I thought was a nice touch.

The cues are pretty neutral weighted and feel very light in the hand when your stroking. The hit has a great tone and feel, very stiff but not so stiff it feels like your hitting with glass.

Let’s talk about the shaft. The ferrule is Juma, the tip is his own North Demon tip which is green but darkens quickly, and the tip size is 12.25MM. The taper is where it gets interesting. The taper goes all the way to the end of the ferrule which I am not used to, I’m used to it stopping at the end of the shaft before the ferrule. He has a reason for this but does have some proprietary Low Deflection info that he will not share which I understand. It plays fantastic and as far as Low Deflection goes I would say it isn’t extreme but is a happy medium for us that still use a standard maple shaft. It kind of reminds me of the older Tiger LD shafts but with MUCH better sound and feel.

Overall they are a great playing cue and very well built. The hit of a cue is so dependent on the person that I don’t like to go into too much detail because someone else could think something totally different.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Wow that middle wrapless cue is amazing one of my favs I’ve seen in here