New Paypal fees...................

middleofnowhere

Registered
true story. I guess why ebay is going straight to bank instead of pp these days
I like it. I buy stuff on eBay and can just charge it to my American Express. When I sell stuff it goes right to a checking account I set up for that purpose. There are a lot of ebayer's who hate the new system but I like it.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
not much of a raise unless you are running a big business with lots of volume.

Scrunge19

Registered
What impact will this really have when 95% of sellers who use PayPal don't ask for the correct markup when sending goods & services and instead demand an arbitrary 4%? PayPal should just drop the hammer on people cheating the system and then their fees may not have to be increased.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What impact will this really have when 95% of sellers who use PayPal don't ask for the correct markup when sending goods & services and instead demand an arbitrary 4%? PayPal should just drop the hammer on people cheating the system and then their fees may not have to be increased.
Just relaying what i read. Make your own decisions how to play/not play the system. What mark-up a seller applies is his deal imo. I don't see it as cheating ppal. I think ppal is fkng everybody anyway. They made a ridiculous amount of $$$$$$$ during covid and now they're raising prices. Screw 'em.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it. I buy stuff on eBay and can just charge it to my American Express. When I sell stuff it goes right to a checking account I set up for that purpose. There are a lot of ebayer's who hate the new system but I like it.

Issue is that once the payout is done, it takes eBay a few days to send it to the bank and then it takes a few days for the bank to clean it. With PayPal, it's just in. Also I liked to keep a separate PayPal "fun" fund, now it's all just mixed into my normal account.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, me too. I have to admit I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to it, given eBay's track record of doing things that f*** over the smaller sellers, but after having used it for about 6 months now I can say it's worked fine for me.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if these companies make so much then buy their stocks and that will more than make up for any extras you pay.
each of those rip off companies would have made you rich if you got in and stayed with them.

they are not ripping anyone off, you voluntarily use their services, and their obligation is to their stockholders to maximize profits.