New pics of a old cue something called Black Boar

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this cue was cue of the year here long ago. I can’t recall. I don’t post pics often as I never take pics. I happened across some pics.
2C3BF807-FAC1-43D8-B1F8-3A9E506DC97C.jpeg

The inlays are gold and silver. Hard to see with out magnification. They are smaller than pin heads.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony can certainly bring it when he goes all out on a cue. It's similar to some that the late Steve Piesner owned but the inlays near the rings are very unique..

Stunning cue in every way!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony can certainly bring it when he goes all out on a cue. It's similar to some that the late Steve Piesner owned but the inlays near the rings are very unique..

Stunning cue in every way!
Exactly Steve was a good friend. I miss him, he was such a nice person and loved cues.

Tony built 4 like this one-each a bit different. This was the last one of this design. Steve’s was the first, this one was the most ornate. After this cue Tony went on to build a few more cues with more inlays. Tony didn’t like the idea that 4 “big” cues were similar and wanted the big ones to be unique. That never bothered me.

The inlays in the the shafts and collars was my idea for this cue, not an original idea of course but I thought it would balance out the cue-what ever that means. I really need to find the joint protectors.

I went the his shop 3 times during the build.

I’ll dig around for more pics. I own 2 other boars. My player and one other. This cue I’ve never hit a ball with.

Best
Fatboy 😃

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly Steve was a good friend. I miss him, he was such a nice person and loved cues.

Tony built 4 like this one-each a bit different. This was the last one of this design. Steve’s was the first, this one was the most ornate. After this cue Tony went on to build a few more cues with more inlays. Tony didn’t like the idea that 4 “big” cues were similar and wanted the big ones to be unique. That never bothered me.

The inlays in the the shafts and collars was my idea for this cue, not an original idea of course but I thought it would balance out the cue-what ever that means. I really need to find the joint protectors.

I’ll dig around for more pics. I own 2 other boars. My player and one other. This cue I’ve never hit a ball with.

Best
Fatboy 😃
I recognized the similarities immediately. Great cue and story Eric. It's really much more than a special pool cue; it is inlay art at a high level.

I understand what Tony feels about not building to many cues of similar designs. The artist in him wants to move on to new things. That is what makes him and guys like him so special..

Hope you locate the JP's soon, I assume Tony made them as well.. Best to find them sooner than later, at my age later might be risky! LOL.....

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member

Best
Fatboy 😃
I remeber your Player well when you was here and let me shoot while you played my Haley. Give me that Monster here ;-)