New pool room in allentown pa?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our pool room that closed down in Dundalk, Baltimore, I just heard all of our pool tables were sold to a pool room in Allentown pa.

PS Allentown, when you see table 1, that table had more champions playing on it through the 70s 80s 90s, treat it with much respect,.

That table belong to 10 time Maryland state champion (9 in a row) CIigar Tom Vanover

Rempe played on that table as did Fuscos, Strikland, Andam, Polo, Archer, New York Frank, Mccreash, Mike Davis, Pittsburgh Mike, Punky, Little Nicky, Geese, Bollman, Daya, Frady, Marino, Saes, Evengy Stalv, Canadian Champion, Shuff, Abod!

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
As far as I know...Buzzy's Billiards located for years at 1542 Union Blvd, Allentown was taken over this year by new people who renovated and re-named it Shay's (sp?)...they bought tables and all the accessories on the cheap from a place that closed in Baltimore...however they are not doing as well as they thought they would and rumor has it Buzzy will take it over again...

Pool in the Lehigh Valley has never done really well...so many places have closed in the last 5 years it's crazy...the latest being Gallery Billiards in Easton a few months ago...

Jackson

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as I know...Buzzy's Billiards located for years at 1542 Union Blvd, Allentown was taken over this year by new people who renovated and re-named it Shay's (sp?)...they bought tables and all the accessories on the cheap from a place that closed in Baltimore...however they are not doing as well as they thought they would and rumor has it Buzzy will take it over again...

Pool in the Lehigh Valley has never done really well...so many places have closed in the last 5 years it's crazy...the latest being Gallery Billiards in Easton a few months ago...

Jackson

Thank you Jackson, so that's where those pool table went.

You just answers 2 questions with 1 answer, dam I wish I was that good!

Yeah they came from running out billiards in Dundalk, Baltimore.

Do you own that pool room in or near Pittsburgh?

Last edited:

culookn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool hall

I think you are thinking about Shane Jackson that owns Steel city billiards in Pittsburgh?

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
Yup..Shane owns Steel City Billiards but not for long...he is currently in the process of selling it and may be close to a deal shortly...so hopefully it will be re-opening real soon under new management...

Jackson