Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Socrates showed a shepherd boy how to make a square one half the size of another one...
...that was many centuries ago...but it still works

View attachment 559551
That is also a visual proof of the Pythagorean theorem for the 45-45-90 special case.

Here is a visual proof of the Pythagorean theorem for arbitrary lengths of two sides. The two black squares have the same total area as the green square which is also on the hypotenuse of the right triangle formed by the two shorter lengths:

CropperCapture[132].jpg

The pattern also works as a way to tile a room with two batches of square tiles of different sizes.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
seems fine to me if i dont want to read it i can close it or pass it. plus it can bring in new comers to the site that otherwise may not join and contribute.
there is no downside to it except for those that dont see its old and get upset for some reason.

some of the old threads are amazing and forgotten about and deserved to be resurrected.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... some of the old threads are amazing and forgotten about and deserved to be resurrected.
I agree with this but it is mildly annoying when the resurrector picks a not so good thread.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Some people are limited on time and can't look through a lot of pages of bumps.

I was just asking a general question as the join dates and threads being bumped seemed really odd.

I know the for sale section gets messy with several year old items which haven't sold and keep getting bumped.

seems fine to me if i dont want to read it i can close it or pass it. plus it can bring in new comers to the site that otherwise may not join and contribute.
there is no downside to it except for those that dont see its old and get upset for some reason.

some of the old threads are amazing and forgotten about and deserved to be resurrected.