New rubber.

RD123

I am recovering my table next week with 760 cloth. I did the work the last so I am replacing the rubber too due some bad cuts. Is championship tour edition a decent choice? I know this has been asked before but the posts I can find people like it or totally shit on it. Not much help.

I currently have championship invitational Teflon with MBS group rubber. That is what the local store sold me as new player. The price wasn't outrages and I was happy with it, but it's time to upgrade after 5 years. I had a flood in the basement so the table has sat in the corner for a few years. Most days it plays about 2+ diamonds short hitting 3 rails from the corner to corner shot.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I doubt if you need rubber….if a table sits, the rubber slows down….playing on it will speed it up.
Using a rubber mallet on the rails will speed up that process.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why you are going with 760, unless it's for availability. 860 would be a better choice, especially for a home table.

The MBS cushions are just fine on my home coin op table.

RD123

I installed the mbs rubber and a couple cuts were pretty bad, plus I wanted to upgrade the rubber. Is the tour edition rubber a good choice?

I went with 760 because the choices here are very limited and 760 was available in tournament blue. I could have gotten 860 in in purple, orange, red, yellow and a few other choice colors. Plus I wanted a fast cloth.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I installed the mbs rubber and a couple cuts were pretty bad, plus I wanted to upgrade the rubber. Is the tour edition rubber a good choice?

I went with 760 because the voices here are very limited and 760 was available in tournament blue. I could have gotten 860 in in purple, orange, red, yellow and a few other choice colors.
Bare in mind, the 760 will play faster.

RD123

You'll love 760 IMO. It was the standard for 20 years. Some rooms still have it. I'll probably do it on my next recover.
I play on 760 in the league I joined which was one of the factors in my cloth choice. There was no difference in price between the Simonis cloths.

What rubber are you using?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on 760 in the league I joined which was one of the factors in my cloth choice. There was no difference in price between the Simonis cloths.

What rubber are you using?
I have a GC4 with the OEM cushions. It has 860 on it. My main poolroom growing up for 20 years was always GC’s with 760.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it worth it?
I know very little on the subject. I do believe they last longer because they are a higher percentage of rubber (could be wrong on that). I enjoy them very much. The balls seem to come off the cushions with more speed than olhaussen accu- fast or Brunswick super speed, in my experience.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You never mentioned what table you have. That would affect what cushion fits. Especially if you’ve had playability issues. I’m not a mechanic, but I’m sure one here will know what’s compatible with your table.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You never mentioned what table you have. That would affect what cushion fits. Especially if you’ve had playability issues. I’m not a mechanic, but I’m sure one here will know what’s compatible with your table.
Profile would matter but, why would the type/ manufacturer of rubber matter?
Honest question.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know very little on the subject. I do believe they last longer because they are a higher percentage of rubber (could be wrong on that). I enjoy them very much. The balls seem to come off the cushions with more speed than olhaussen accu- fast or Brunswick super speed, in my experience.
I have two sets of Anniversary rails, one with Superspeeds installed, the other with Artemis installed, both professionally done by two of the best mechanics in the business and from my experience with both, the Superspeeds are actually a bit faster on soft shots, while the Artemis are a bit faster on the power shots. Both are great, I haven’t had them long enough to know how they compare in the longevity department though. If anyone is looking for a great mechanic to work their rails I would strongly recommend Mark Gregory or Jack Zimmerman. You can’t go wrong with either.