New Schön diamond inlay?

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I needed to replace a Schön that I had sold, with a new one. I ordered a CX04, and it came Friday. As I expected, a few things were different than illustrated, and I appreciate that. The forearm wood was stained more darkly, and the tulip rings were replaced with Cocobola. The big surprise, was in the diamond inlays in the points, and butt. Instead of the very narrow sliver shape, I expected, I found a much wider diamond with concave sides. Has anyone else seen these recently? I must say I really like them, and the overall look of the cue. It exceeded my expectations. The best part, is the cue has a great hit and feel, as have the other Schöns I have owned in the past. If anything, this one may seem to have a more "sensitive" feel to it, and speed control almost feels intuitive with it.

Attachments

• New Schon 001.jpg
    New Schon 001.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 362
  • New Schon 002.jpg
    New Schon 002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 361

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a very nice cue. Schon is known for slightly altering their designs but I've never seen an ugly one. If an Alien came from space and knew nothing about our pool cues and bought a Schon they would be very happy.A good cue making company that always delivers. I had one years ago so I have some experience with their product.

the2yoots

Registered
i had the exact cue,some lowlife,stole my luggage off of the luggage carrasel at mcarron airport in vegas last may.i loved that fu*kin stick(not sayin u stole it,just sayin i had the same stick

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had the exact cue,some lowlife,stole my luggage off of the luggage carrasel at mcarron airport in vegas last may.i loved that fu*kin stick(not sayin u stole it,just sayin i had the same stick

This came new from Cuestix.

Sorry for your loss. Why did you buy an E-30 to replace it, if you liked it so much?

Last edited:

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So much for "unique". I need to get out more. I just got a reply on my cue, from Evan at Shön,

"This is the standard CX4 and the only one I have actually made for them. They continue to use a picture which isn’t correct in their catalog despite my request for them to do so. I have probably made 100 of these now…Evan Clarke"

Last edited: