New Wrap Jig

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I would want to take the cue out , no not for me . hears one I built for my self , its spring loaded to level out . wraps turn out perfect in mine and only about 40.00 dollars in materials it only took me one afternoon to build.

leatherjig002.jpg
[/IMG]
leatherjig003.jpg
[/IMG]
leatherjig004.jpg
[/IMG]

Very Nice.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
So far I have done 3 leather wraps on this jig and it is the uts. Everything is dead even and seam is perfect!!!

This is our new wrap jig it is designed to center the cue regardless of butt taper or if it is a compound taper butt.You cut one side of the wrap remove butt from jig reinsert butt in jig from the other side cut second side of wrap.
The cost is $500.00
Shop 530-629-3313
Cell 707-599-5072
View attachment 71870

View attachment 71871

View attachment 71872

View attachment 71873

View attachment 71874

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi Dave,
I dont like having to take the time to unbolt an rebolt the straight to make both cuts and i have no problem lineing up the cut also depending the wrap material some need to be cut .010 to .015 short and others need to be cut a little long to get a very good seam.
But as with everything there is more than one way to skin a cat and what works for one person will never work for everyone.
I dont make a living building cue tooling i just try to help people who dont have the ability to build there own tooling with things that work for me.
Thanks,
Pete

Hi,

I agree that some wraps stretch more than others but how do you know exactly where to place the cue for the second cut?

With the two edge plate method, I can cheat and spin the cue a hair either way to compensate for the wrap material. At least know on am on the centerline to start with.

Thanks,

Rick G

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hi,

I agree that some wraps stretch more than others but how do you know exactly where to place the cue for the second cut?

With the two edge plate method, I can cheat and spin the cue a hair either way to compensate for the wrap material. At least know on am on the centerline to start with.

Thanks,

Rick G

This what Pete said:

I put tape at both ends of the wrap channel and mark a center line where i want the seam to be.On the first cut the line will be out side of the straight edge and on the second cut the the line will be just under the straight edge.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
This what Pete said:

I put tape at both ends of the wrap channel and mark a center line where i want the seam to be.On the first cut the line will be out side of the straight edge and on the second cut the the line will be just under the straight edge.

Thanks Tony,

I missed that info.

Rick

Last edited: