New Wraps Cochran and Scruggs Cues!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Elephant ear on the Cochran and white with green specs old lenin on the Scruggs. Took Bob's advice and kept the Scruggs Cue's wrap.


Thank you Mr Bob. Good advice. I still wanted the Scruggs Cue brighter so rewraping it in the white with green spec really makes the Cue pop!
Someday I will rember to wipe and wax the cues before I take any pictures.
Nick :)
 
Last edited:
They are lookin' real gooood Nick. Don't make David beg for them?
"country" Bob
Nice cues. Mike and Tim made some of the nicest and best playing cues out there. I have always said that. I have been playing their cues since 96. As far as begging goes Bob, you dont have to worry about that. Never have, never will. Especially cues that I used to own.
 
Scruggs & Cochran

Nice cues. Mike and Tim made some of the nicest and best playing cues out there. I have always said that. I have been playing their cues since 96. As far as begging goes Bob, you dont have to worry about that. Never have, never will. Especially cues that I used to own.

Dave, I agree with you completely, i've been playing Tim's cues since he was at Joss pre-1978. Mike made many of them after he came with Tim later. I only played with one of Mike's cues, one of the first MAK cues he made me as a present. It plays very nice. I learned the true story about your MC cue and would like to state that it is a very nice cue and is rock solid. Again nick your cues wraps look fantastic.
"country" Bob
 
They are monster players Tony

Something about my Cochran 8 pointer. It has been the Cue of choice. The fancy cue is the straightest shooter. The wrapless cues are the funnest to break out and I break with the break jumper. Last time out I made 4-9's on the break and 4 racks in 3 shots and another in 4 shots with another 2 racks run through from the break. The old boy I was playing won 3 games. One because I touched the rock with my tip shooting the 9 or that would have been another rack run through the 9.
He won 3 games total. Broke 3 games. I did all that in less than 45 minuites! He playes great too! Said man Nick you really look solid in every part of your game.
I really should never put my 8 pointer down.
The Hoppie is my best playing Cue. I am just so used to the 8 pointer. It has been torturing me for about 2 months now. I lightened it to 19.1 ozs. from 20.85 ozs. It has been nuts but I may be over the hump.
Thank you Bob for talking me into reweighting my cue to a modern weight.
For those counting that was a 11 to 3 deal but we weren't counting..much.
Thanks for the Monster Scruggs Tony. I have been very good to it! It looks nice next to every Cue I own! It is the prettiest cue I have ever owned.
Sometime maybe this month I will do a group shot before my fancy wrapless Scruggs gets begged away.
Thanks for the kind words,
Thanks to Eric for picking the white with green specs on the Scruggs. You are right old bean. Looks amazing.
Nick :)
 
Last edited:
Who did the rewraps? The work looks great and the white with green speck is always a favorite of mine and makes this cue look even better yet.

Kevin
 
Here is a better picture.

Oops. Wrong other cue.
I owned the 8 pointer for years and just reciently noticed the returns are alot tighter than percieved.
The black veneer returns are pretty tight. You just can't see them unless you stare at them and try to find them. I did after telling someone else about Mike's blanks black veneer disappearing against ebony. You also see this technique in some Scruggs Cues Mike did the blank work on.
Rick Howard did them for me Kevin. Right nice of him.


ferurb013.jpg



ferurb016.jpg



Nick :)
 
Back
Top