Newbie question....

Rampage8408

Registered
Hey all, well I have really been gettin into pool the last few yrs and even recently purchased a very nice 3 piece slat 8ft table. My question tho is I recently wanted to get my tip on my cue changed and there is nowhere in my area tht can do it. I am part of my local APA league and was thinking about purchasing a repair lathe. I have $1000 now to invest and i know thts nowhere near enough for everything supply wise, but I have been diggin and digging thro this forum about all the diff lathes and I have decided on a Hightower. Should I get the micro 2 or save a bit more and get a mid size? Granted I have no experience with a lathe but am no stranger to tools and such. I would like to start with tips and small stuff for awhile but also would love to eventually build cues. I love workin with my hands and really think I could get addicted quick lol. I also plan on gettin is full set of dvds and book because I deff wanna make sure I dnt rush anything. Any feedback would be great and thanks