Newcomer to 14.1

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all! My name is Alex, and I'm just starting my poolplaying career in 14.1.

So I just got into 14.1 the last two weeks. My high run in 19 (I know I suck). I started playing pool like most, 8 ball then 9. I am mostly a rotational pooplayer. I do enjoy 8 ball also, and even 3 cushion, though I don't play it as often. But it is about time I get into the other pocket billiard games that exist.

I have to say that I enjoy 14.1 quite a bit, even considering that I'm quite young.

I have to ask though, what have you done to become a 14.1 player? I'm used to that long stroke. My cue is 60'' but it is very forward balanced. So I usually force that cue ball to get to its desired point, although I do have a good short game when the table calls for it. My main trouble is identifying the key ball and not f**king it up.

I have played 14.1 in the past. I used to have a Taiwaese buddy at my school. We once played a race to 100 that took more than 3 hours. All he plyed was 9 ball and 14.1 because that's all he played in Taiwan. He always suggested that 14.1 was the premier game in all pocket billiards.

If I could get any tips on how to improve my 14.1 game it would be greatly appriciated. I am putting 14.1 first in my pracitce regime. I currently have plenty of time to put my hours in, but I need some direction, otherwise it would be time mispent.

Thank you to all!
Alex T