nice Tad for nice price/trade

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I think I may have fallen in love with this one; everything seems so perfect,at least
for my particular tastes in pool cue specs, design and just a truly superb cue-maker.

Matt B.

lmf123lmf

Registered
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you still have very nice cue.

I think I may have fallen in love with this one; everything seems so perfect,at least
for my particular tastes in pool cue specs, design and just a truly superb cue-maker.

Matt B.

you still have very nice cue.i really like your bob owen cue.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So I'm browsing the Forum today and see that this TAD cue is still available which seems absurd.
This is a stunning example of how majestic Kohara cues truly are & this cue's weight is just ideal.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
My question is on the boxes. The veneers don’t seem to line up or meet in the corners. Very unusual for a TAD.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My question is on the boxes. The veneers don’t seem to line up or meet in the corners. Very unusual for a TAD.

Looks to me like he used the same veneers he used in the points. The spacing (i.e. black thin veneer) appears to be the same between the green and purple woods in both the points and the boxes?

I could be wrong though.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Look at the corners of the boxes closely.

I did, and all spacing/gaps align with my comment about the veneers and CavinTan's comment about not using miters.

And for the record, I would also prefer mitered corners but I don't believe this is a fit and finish issue but rather a choice by the cue builder.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If this isn't an ivory joint, I'll be stunned and amazed......a custom like this would surely command such.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
Generally (never seen one) Tad’s are not ivory joint.