Niels "workout" video with Alex Lely

bb9ball

Registered
For those of you who would like something different to practice, here is a video of Niels shooting some drills with Alex Lely over a video chat. I hadn't seen most of these before. None are like the diagrammed setup drills like Darren shoots. Most you can do by yourself and practice things other than playing the ghost, although he does that at the end and one has Alex calling the shot for Niels to shoot.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who would like something different to practice, here is a video of Niels shooting some drills with Alex Lely over a video chat. I hadn't seen most of these before. None are like the diagrammed setup drills like Darren shoots. Most you can do by yourself and practice things other than playing the ghost, although he does that at the end and one has Alex calling the shot for Niels to shoot.
Link????????

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^ images.jpg^^

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based upon the link that you did not post - I would say the practice session is "effortless"

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i kinda get this practice but not see it benefiting lower level players. Good practice to Niels for getting focused training and keeping up his skills.. but i don´t see what skill he tries to improve there? too scattered and goal oriented setup IMO. Again, i think that is perfect for Niels but not for others.

plague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dont remember what we did exactly

for lower-level players different things of course , but in a session regardless the level of the player, what i will always try to give/demand in order to keep focus high:

- targets (between 8-15 minutes)
- shifting between different types of strokes (compact vs longer follow through / soft vs hard / spin vs vertical axis)
- shifting between defense and offense
- shifting between precision on cueball, objectball or speed
- hard work (repetitive and demanding) vs playful