No caroms at SBE ?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
So use smaller less expensive tables that the public would have more fun on

Less heavy as well , less man power needed

Why is it accepted that pool pros play big events on little tables but low level 3c players cant play on smaller tables?

You guys have essentially helped kill off your own game with these ridiculously expensive tables

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So use smaller less expensive tables that the public would have more fun on ...
Um, the tables are not the issue. The tables, so far as I know, have been sold off the expo floor in past years. The issue is the few thousand dollars that it costs to rent the space -- it was free the first few years -- and the costs of the people who staff the booth. Would you be willing to put in a couple of thousand dollars for that?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Um, the tables are not the issue. The tables, so far as I know, have been sold off the expo floor in past years. The issue is the few thousand dollars that it costs to rent the space -- it was free the first few years -- and the costs of the people who staff the booth. Would you be willing to put in a couple of thousand dollars for that?

I'd be willing to lend a small table for carom to a pool room
But pay for something i dont believe in no

And the tables most certainty are an issue, with regard to the costs

Im picking up the slack for dennis as the person who says what needs to be said on the forum
Howm im doin ;)?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Im picking up the slack for dennis as the person who says what needs to be said on the forum
Howm im doin ;)?
If your plan is to match Dieckman's style, you have a way to go. Start with the mustache and work your way up to the magenta and cyan hair.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
If your plan is to match Dieckman's style, you have a way to go. Start with the mustache and work your way up to the magenta and cyan hair.

Meant more of a bee nest poker type persona

Im still a handsome young man so ill leave that for down the road

ProfessorQBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3-Cushion is my LOVE

It also saddens me that i didn't do the Super Billiard Expo this year.
It is a great venue to hold at the SBE and good amount of spectators.

Allen Hopkins and his staff does a great job putting it on.
Let's hope Allen can work with me next year.

Also special thanks goes out to all the ones that been helping me with donations
during the past years at SBE.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
1 cushion is mine
Why does america choose to ignore it?

Someone answer this for me

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be willing to lend a small table for carom to a pool room
But pay for something i dont believe in no

And the tables most certainty are an issue, with regard to the costs

Im picking up the slack for dennis as the person who says what needs to be said on the forum
Howm im doin ;)?

So showcasing the game to thousands of pool players has contributed to its ruining. Then you should be happy that the bleeding has stopped.

You likely don't know this but Dennis was one of 3 individuals that got this off the ground in a meeting with Allen Hopkins and the other two.

I tell you what. Why don't you put your small table on a truck, rent the space, and set up a booth. You're only a couple days drive from the Expo and a work van is only $500/wk. You're also going to need at least 3 volunteers that can afford room & board. Call that another $100/day.

Oh and make a decision on how you're going to set up your space. Do you want chairs for spectators? Tables? Carpet? Are you going to have any competition Formal or otherwise? You'll need chairs, maybe tables for the players. You'll likely want your spectator tables covered, they look like hell otherwise. Is your table heated? All these things are add-on's to booth rental, and not exactly cheap. Plus you should plan for the unplanned. There's always something, usually many somethings, and this list isn't complete. Signs, banners, fliers, advertising.......Cloth, Balls, Chalk, Tape, Staples, extension cords.....

Lastly if you're successful, plan on manning your area from opening till midnight or 1am, each night.

Then take it all down the day after closing and drive back home.
Evaluate and Start planning for next year.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also special thanks goes out to all the ones that been helping me with donations

I will miss it.
I enjoyed playing in the 3C mini tournaments at the Expo, rubbing elbows and learning a few moves from the pros that played in the tournaments.

Hopefully you will be back next year.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
So showcasing the game to thousands of pool players has contributed to its ruining. Then you should be happy that the bleeding has stopped.

You likely don't know this but Dennis was one of 3 individuals that got this off the ground in a meeting with Allen Hopkins and the other two.

I tell you what. Why don't you put your small table on a truck, rent the space, and set up a booth. You're only a couple days drive from the Expo and a work van is only $500/wk. You're also going to need at least 3 volunteers that can afford room & board. Call that another $100/day.

Oh and make a decision on how you're going to set up your space. Do you want chairs for spectators? Tables? Carpet? Are you going to have any competition Formal or otherwise? You'll need chairs, maybe tables for the players. You'll likely want your spectator tables covered, they look like hell otherwise. Is your table heated? All these things are add-on's to booth rental, and not exactly cheap. Plus you should plan for the unplanned. There's always something, usually many somethings, and this list isn't complete. Signs, banners, fliers, advertising.......Cloth, Balls, Chalk, Tape, Staples, extension cords.....

Lastly if you're successful, plan on manning your area from opening till midnight or 1am, each night.

Then take it all down the day after closing and drive back home.
Evaluate and Start planning for next year.

Thanks for the insight

Either way this was not about who could do what

Its why does the equipment have to be world class for an expo
I bet if you guys had 2 used tables , that are already paid for,that you kept for this event since its become such a big thing for many of you it seems

that would free up money substantially, i see yura sellling some 10ft heated tables pretty dang cheap from time to time

What did they use last yr, rok tables right?
Were they brand new and have to get sold also?

Again pro pool tournaments get held on valley tables all the time
Why wont you guys use less than top notch?

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
If i gotta make a jackass of myself to get people looking and talking ill do it
Ive gotten good at it on the forum

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the insight

Either way this was not about who could do what

Its why does the equipment have to be world class for an expo
I bet if you guys had 2 used tables , that are already paid for,that you kept for this event since its become such a big thing for many of you it seems

that would free up money substantially, i see yura sellling some 10ft heated tables pretty dang cheap from time to time

What did they use last yr, rok tables right?
Were they brand new and have to get sold also?

Again pro pool tournaments get held on valley tables all the time
Why wont you guys use less than top notch?

This is where we need someone like you to take over the event. You have access to not so top notch equipment. You have all the know how on how to promote the game. I don't know of any lesser tables that could be taken from a room for 6-10 days or anyone that would offer 9 or 8 foot tables that wouldn't cost as much as shipping a 10' table.

You're the guy on this one. Just step up and get it done rather than complaining that we're destroying the game by supplying 10' tables.

You happen to be in an area that might have lots of 8' tables, if so its extremely rare, but given the fact they're so easy for you to find, again step up and ship your's and theirs.

Simply said Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is on this topic Otherwise.........................

I did for several years. Now its your turn.

Delete

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
This is where we need someone like you to take over the event. You have access to not so top notch equipment. You have all the know how on how to promote the game. I don't know of any lesser tables that could be taken from a room for 6-10 days or anyone that would offer 9 or 8 foot tables that wouldn't cost as much as shipping a 10' table.

You're the guy on this one. Just step up and get it done rather than complaining that we're destroying the game by supplying 10' tables.

You happen to be in an area that might have lots of 8' tables, if so its extremely rare, but given the fact they're so easy for you to find, again step up and ship your's and theirs.

Simply said Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is on this topic Otherwise.........................

I did for several years. Now its your turn.

Delete

it may happen at some point
im just a one man operation
dont have a group of dudes with connections or the money for multiple 10k dollar tables
but i damn sure have the heart

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 10centennial-carom-a1.jpg
    10centennial-carom-a1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 10centennial-carom-a2.jpg
    10centennial-carom-a2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 10centennial-carom-a3.jpg
    10centennial-carom-a3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 149

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not been around much, as I finally got our move from Virginia to Evansville, Indiana done.

It a shame Paul didn't do 3c at SBE. But instead of Thanking Him for the years he were there and not knowing all the details,other want tell , what should be done.

Paul (ProfessorQBall) Thank You for promoting 3C at SBE for all those years!

Last edited: