Silver Member
Better yet, you got Alex, Ive got Shane, pull over and let's discuss
Jason
Ps I bet Alex over Shane in the one pocket make if happen
Let's see what shakes out on the odds.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
ok i misunderstood then, but wasn't it predetermined that it'd go 8 hours? if it's predetermined how can he just want to quit the night? or was he saying that he just wanted to do it but knew he couldnt and never actually made the request? that was at like 2:30 and i already went to sleep.

I think that both players agreed to a little leeway as to when they would end play each night. IIRC last night they were reasonably close to eight hours when Scott said he wanted to quit, but I'm not sure how close to eight hours they were, or how serious he was about actually ending play for the night at that time.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
A lot of people say Alex shoots straighter but Scott moves better.

I have to disagree with this.

Scott may "know" a few more shots than Alex but Alex has "FAR" better cueball control. Scott can dream up great shots, but he does not have the cueball control to actually get there a lot of the time.

Alex might not get as fancy as Scott, but when Alex wants to weld Scott to the back of a ball after coming off three rails Alex left Scott welded to the back of that ball almost every time.

At the end of the day Alex has the cueball on a string compared to Scott. As strong as his potting is Alex is equally dominant with his cueball control and that cueball control is a HUGE part of "moving".

Alex's cueball control is sick. Efren and Buddy are the only two players I've seen with a cueball that good.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happen the last time alex had action with shane in 1p?

Alex was down a good amount, then they played 1K a game, then alex went ahead.... the story went something like that?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people say Alex shoots straighter but Scott moves better.

I have to disagree with this.

Scott may "know" a few more shots than Alex but Alex has "FAR" better cueball control. Scott can dream up great shots, but he does not have the cueball control to actually get there a lot of the time.

Alex might not get as fancy as Scott, but when Alex wants to weld Scott to the back of a ball after coming off three rails Alex left Scott welded to the back of that ball almost every time.

At the end of the day Alex has the cueball on a string compared to Scott. As strong as his potting is Alex is equally dominant with his cueball control and that cueball control is a HUGE part of "moving".

I'm just learning the one pocket game but from what most people have told me is the better player will become the better one pocket player in the end if he puts in the time
I think this is a perfect example of that ,
I don't see Scott ever beating Alex in this type of race he's a superior player compared to Scott

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Alex was down a good amount, then they played 1K a game, then alex went ahead.... the story went something like that?

I'm willing to bet right now! Give me 3/2 and I'll bet $2,000 right now on an 8 ahead set. Your $3,000 to my $2,000
Get busy

blusteel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've posted < 300 times in 10 years. I don't feel strongly about much. But let me beat a dead horse here- this was ABSOLUTELY definitive.

I can understand how an intermediate player might see the play and the scores and infer it was close. It was NOT. Scott was NEVER a threat to win. EVER. And when Alex knows he's got a lock and will win, don't mistake his lack of urgency for lack of dominance. The only question was how long it would take.

Just my opinion here, but anyone that thinks this was close hasn't played big cash ahead sets.

Had this been a race to 50 Alex would've gotten an 8 game lead much more quickly.

By the way, if speed really mattered, just remember they were even yesterday at this time and Alex got 8 ahead since then. Scott got enough TV time to be satisfied, and Alex got tired of playing with his food.

Anyone that still thinks this is a toss up can get SICK odds from me if they play this format again.

I thought so also by day 2. Fortunately everyone was able to have five days worth.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
There's no way Alex''s limited one pocket schooling can overcome Shane superior playing.Lmao!!! Bet that shit! - I know I'm wrong, but I'm gonna bet it anyway.
Jason
3/2 you got me

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched a large part of it yes. The end result is hard to dispute. Alex blasted him last time so they set this up to determine who's the best. Scott has been behind the whole match and even admitted he wanted to call it off for the night when he got back to even briefly. Both guys have had their runs and highlights but the end result is that Alex beat him again not to mention all the tourneys he has recently won. Scott is top notch one pocket player but clearly, at least right now, Alex is better. There can be no excuses, the match was set up this way to determine who is the best and Alex won after leading virtually the whole match. Yea Scott has made mistakes but Alex made a bunch of mistakes too especially on the second day that could have put him up more.

The point is in a long set like this, both guys will make mistakes and both will make good runs. The match was set up this way and agreed to by both guys to see who is better. With 50k on the line, neither guy wants to lose. Who else is going to beat Scott 8 ahead? End result is Alex won anything else is just an excuse.

EDIT: scott wanted to call it off for the night (not the match) on the 4th day after getting back to even.

You are correct. No excuses, You are correct. Scott can not out shoot him, I thought perhaps out think him by playing the python squeeze. He did not and no one at this point in time will beat Alex in this game in a shoot out.

I heard that Scott said something about being ok being considered co champions...I thought if true, that says he is finished.

Congratulations, you were right all along. I like both players but for some reason was pulling for Scott. Perhaps because he represents 1P, Alex is great at all games.

All the best,
Phil

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You are correct. No excuses, You are correct. Scott can not out shoot him, I thought perhaps out think him by playing the python squeeze. He did not and no one at this point in time will beat Alex in this game in a shoot out.

I heard that Scott said something about being ok being considered co champions...I thought if true, that says he is finished.

Congratulations, you were right all along. I like both players but for some reason was pulling for Scott. Perhaps because he represents 1P, Alex is great at all games.

All the best,
Phil

I'll take Shane at 3/2 In the same format, obviously first to respond Getz the most action (this is how bad I wanna get on the GOOD ACTION. LIST ; )

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'm all geared up on living in a gangsters paradise.
Gin and Juice, snoop dog, Dr Dre. Straight up gangster.
Bet something! Lol
Jason
This is not for you Watches, or Black balled :)

Although I love your posts Watches, I just recently entered the adult watches world with 2 Franck Muller watches... Vanguard, and conquistador - small splash, but my favorite. You WILL NOT WIN EITHER ONE :)

Last edited:

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well props to the Op he knew that Alex in the end would be to much .. Not like he went out on a limb because he was the favorite , but he called it
As I said earlier and this adds to that Alex may be the best all around player on the continent ,, in fact I don't think its a stretch to say he's the best all around player in the world , , and the bad news for everyone else is I think he's going to get better

Cheers one stroke but I think I only stated public ally what most pool enthusiasts knew already
Yes Scott battled in for five dats but he was never a threat to win
I give Scott props
But I disagree on the outcome
I think Svb Bergman orcullo will be looking at this saying yes Scott you got action
I mean orcullo back to back U.S. open one pocket champ
I know Scott brings up his gambling record which is never totally fully fruitful but his tournament play on one pocket for his self stated stature is horrendous to say the least

He was weighed he was measured and he was found wanting
Easiest 2k I ever made

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member

All the best,
Phil

the thing with trying to squeeze out a win in the way you mention is that it's too taxing. scott's fatigue may have shown when he said he wanted to call it a night while alex was fine to just keep playing and proceeded to win the last 2 games after that. given this result, if scott can do better by playing a squeeze like you suggested it might let him do better early on but alex will eventually come on strong and overrun him at the end. it would then be a matter of whether scott can get to +8 quick enough and im not sure it will be possible to just put up 8 on alex within a day or two.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member

Shane beat Alex for 13 games at 1K per game, they raised the bet to 2K per game and Alex won 7 games back so ended up 1K winner even though he lost more games.

In my opinion I think Shane made a mistake of raising the bet and let it bother him after losing a few of the games. Shane played Alex for three or four days to get up the 13 games and knew they only had one more day to play because Alex was playing Scott the next day. He shouldn't of raised the bet and given Alex a chance to beat him out of any money after beating him so badly for days.

Alex showed so much heart in that match though, imagine being 13 games down and doubling the bet!

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Shane beat Alex for 13 games at 1K per game, they raised the bet to 2K per game and Alex won 7 games back so ended up 1K winner even though he lost more games.

In my opinion I think Shane made a mistake of raising the bet and let it bother him after losing a few of the games. Shane played Alex for three or four days to get up the 13 games and knew they only had one more day to play because Alex was playing Scott the next day. He shouldn't of raised the bet and given Alex a chance to beat him out of any money after beating him so badly for days.

Alex showed so much heart in that match though, imagine being 13 games down and doubling the bet!

but shane was probably thinking he was better so raising the bet and being up 13k already is just a free roll to potentially a lot more money. if it took him a few days to get up 13 games he for sure would not have expected alex to be up 7 after just one day considering shane already has him stuck. once he agreed he couldnt really lower it back down so he had to try to shoot his way out of it just like alex was trying to shoot his way out of the hole he dug. from what you mentioned, it seems alex just came out on top in this scenario.