Everybody won with the use of the "No Conflict Rules" in the recent Spring Tri-State Invitational in Erie PA. Players could focus on their game without fretting over what an opponent was doing to them. The rules removed a bone of contention between players and made the competition more congenial. Matches moved right along without getting bogged down at the beginning of every rack. The tournament successfully held to a tight schedule. Spectators did not have to witness players at their worst. The "No Conflict Rules" are a platform for a good event.
In addition, there were no short games. The 9-ball was immediately spotted at either end, shooter's choice, and the player continued. I have no concrete reason for eliminating short games other than it seems to satisfy the players and improve competition.
Fouls were on all balls and there were no referees! Players were required to call fouls on themselves. Opponents could ask the shooter if he fouled. There were NO issues over this rule.
I have no firm beliefs about what pool should be. I have no interest in righting wrongs and creating fairness. I am only interested in improving competition while making our sport more pleasurable and skilled to play and watch.
AZ News Here: http://www.azbilliards.com/news/sto...the-spring-tri-state-invitational-in-erie-pa/
Full Results Here: http://www.goldcrownbilliardseriepa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Final-Report-Spring-2015.pdf
In addition, there were no short games. The 9-ball was immediately spotted at either end, shooter's choice, and the player continued. I have no concrete reason for eliminating short games other than it seems to satisfy the players and improve competition.
Fouls were on all balls and there were no referees! Players were required to call fouls on themselves. Opponents could ask the shooter if he fouled. There were NO issues over this rule.
I have no firm beliefs about what pool should be. I have no interest in righting wrongs and creating fairness. I am only interested in improving competition while making our sport more pleasurable and skilled to play and watch.
AZ News Here: http://www.azbilliards.com/news/sto...the-spring-tri-state-invitational-in-erie-pa/
Full Results Here: http://www.goldcrownbilliardseriepa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Final-Report-Spring-2015.pdf
Last edited: