No Mosconi Cup pay-per-view...?!

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Last year I watched ever single rack of the Mosconi Cup thanks to Matchroom's pay-per-view... and the subscription only cost $10. Though, this year Matchroom doesn't list any ppv on their site (as far as I can see). Don't tell me there won't be any podcast from this year's Mosconi -- how pathetic is that!

-- peer

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Peer said:
Last year I watched ever single rack of the Mosconi Cup thanks to Matchroom's pay-per-view... and the subscription only cost $10. Though, this year Matchroom doesn't list any ppv on their site (as far as I can see). Don't tell me there won't be any podcast from this year's Mosconi -- how pathetic is that!

-- peer

Matchroom says... so far, www.ibcbet.com is the only one that will be steaming the Mosconi Cup.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bigjohn said:
Matchroom says... so far, www.ibcbet.com is the only one that will be steaming the Mosconi Cup.

This whole streaming thing is still new to me. I watch "on the rails" streams only because they email when new matches are up. also they have archive of old matches. So if I want to watch the Mosconi cup and I am away form my PC when a match is on will it will archived to watch again...?:confused:
crossfingers.gif
crossfingers.gif

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
tjlmbklr said:
This whole streaming thing is still new to me. I watch "on the rails" streams only because they email when new matches are up. also they have archive of old matches. So if I want to watch the Mosconi cup and I am away form my PC when a match is on will it will archived to watch again...?

Live streaming is similar to Pay-Per View TV. You pay a fee and then are given access to the live feed. You see the event as it happens, with no replays or re-view abilities. In the case of the Mosconi Cup, the production value is fairly high. During the stream they add in graphics and on screen scoring (as well as commentary) in real time.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nathandumoulin said:
Live streaming is similar to Pay-Per View TV. You pay a fee and then are given access to the live feed. You see the event as it happens, with no replays or re-view abilities. In the case of the Mosconi Cup, the production value is fairly high. During the stream they add in graphics and on screen scoring (as well as commentary) in real time.
Thnx! I'
ll have to have the wife unit set up a video camera by the PC to capture it when at work...:thumbup:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
tjlmbklr said:
Thnx! I'
ll have to have the wife unit set up a video camera by the PC to capture it when at work...:thumbup:

You can download a program that will run on your computer and record the stream so that you can watch it later. The quality will be much better than recording your computer screen with a video camera. These programs also record the sound.

'Camtasia' is a good program for this, although there are dozens of other ones out there that will do the same job.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nathandumoulin said:
You can download a program that will run on your computer and record the stream so that you can watch it later. The quality will be much better than recording your computer screen with a video camera. These programs also record the sound.

'Camtasia' is a good program for this, although there are dozens of other ones out there that will do the same job.

Thanks for the software idea I will look into it. You do realize I was just kidding about video camera? A guy like me with a home entertainment set up like I have would never settle for such poor quality :wink:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
tjlmbklr said:
Thanks for the software idea I will look into it. You do realize I was just kidding about video camera? A guy like me with a home entertainment set up like I have would never settle for such poor quality :wink:

lol, good to hear. After all, you never know with people these days. Ive certainly seen people try ridiculous stuff like that in the past.

Anyway, just figured I'd try to help. :)

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
KoolKat9Lives said:
that I plagerized from other threads are:
www.ibcbet.com [etc.]
It has to be streamed somewhere. It just HAS TO!!!

Yea, it HAS to, but I'm starting to getting quite queasy here. Does anyone actually know what's going on..? Last year Mr. Helfert was the commentator of the podcast, but this year he won't even comment on this thread. What the hell's going on -- I need my annual Mosconi fix, dammit!!!

-- peer