Non-biased?

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Is that possible?

I am not sure that it is possible. First, people like what they like, and no one can tell some else what is best for that other person. I see threads on this forum all the time asking what is the best Break Cue, Jump Cue, playing cue or shaft and when I am bored I read through some of the posts.

In every case people only post their opinions which is great for the person who posted to the thread, but it does nothing for the person who started the thread and their question is never answered. The fact is that all of us have to find what is best for us by trying different cues until we find what we like, and there is no other way.

Cue reviews also fall into the catigory above in most cases because the person doing the reveiw mainly talks unimportant factors based upon an opinion. So here is my opinion of how a reveiw should go!!!!!:grin-square:

1. Cue Maker

2. Materials used during the cue build. Here the cues fit an finish should also be included.

3. The cues weight, the shaft weight, the length of the shaft and the butt along with the total length. The cues ballance point, and the cues shaft, joint, and butt diameters.

4. This is where opinion takes over the reveiw, at this point the cues hit and ability to put action on the cue ball are explained.

JIMO

jensen_lover

Pro Playa'
Silver Member
:shrug: I thought we already had a cue reveiw section.:scratchhead:
Will it remain also? If so, How would they be different? :confused:

I guess they will take the other away. I have no idea.

I am not sure that it is possible. First, people like what they like, and no one can tell some else what is best for that other person. I see threads on this forum all the time asking what is the best Break Cue, Jump Cue, playing cue or shaft and when I am bored I read through some of the posts.

In every case people only post their opinions which is great for the person who posted to the thread, but it does nothing for the person who started the thread and their question is never answered. The fact is that all of us have to find what is best for us by trying different cues until we find what we like, and there is no other way.

Cue reviews also fall into the catigory above in most cases because the person doing the reveiw mainly talks unimportant factors based upon an opinion. So here is my opinion of how a reveiw should go!!!!!:grin-square:

1. Cue Maker

2. Materials used during the cue build. Here the cues fit an finish should also be included.

3. The cues weight, the shaft weight, the length of the shaft and the butt along with the total length. The cues ballance point, and the cues shaft, joint, and butt diameters.

4. This is where opinion takes over the reveiw, at this point the cues hit and ability to put action on the cue ball are explained.

JIMO

Well said sir.

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
The non-bias was meant so that makers or sellers of a product wouldn't post reviews of them. The point was that only users of the product should post reviews, it wasn't meant for the user to be non-biased. Does that make sense?

As far as having two cue review sections, I have repeatedly asked AZHousePro to rename the other section "Cue Gallery" or "Cue Discussions" and move the reviews to this section, but it hasn't been done yet. The reason I had this section created was because the other area had far too many "requests" for cue reviews and there were too many to sift through to get to actual reviews. Hence the rules.

I hope that answers everyone's questions.