NYC Billiard Hall makes public appeal for re opening, falls on deaf ears

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Home depot does not sell food or medication. Having a cigar may not be essential, but the guy who owns the cigar shop, or the guy who works at the cigar shop, or the people that work at the cigar distributor, or the people that work at the farm all have families that need to be supported. If you can walk into a Home Depot, you can walk into a Cigar Shop. The cigar shop is a much more controlled environment.

Your observation are on the mark, think Home Depot does sell cases of bottled H20, but the big retailers do make large political contributions. Now they are mostly open because they are called essential.

The small family owned businesses, are just that little people who want to be in business, have the opportunity at the American Dream.

Sadly most of the people who make the law do not even know that 80% of American Business are small businesses.

I know one person who HAD a small business, the shut down order was what cause this struggling business to fold.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
what an awful take...

You're probably one of those guys that spend all day at the pool hall drinking tap water. If you're that scared, STAY HOME! People are sick and tired of the inconsistency in all of this.

Gyms and pool halls are both open in my Canadian city. I’d prefer if both were closed.

No need to hit the gym. I go for a cycle or run every day and do push ups, etc,

Definitely no need to risk further spread of the virus playing a game of
Pool.

Bars are open with restrictions. Last place I’d be. No desire to be around folks who get louder and more social as they drink.

Anyways, I can defer a couple hours of gratification playing at a pool hall. I have no desire to wonder every time In the next week I get a dry throat, lethargy or whatever if I’m spreading the virus to family members.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Home depot does not sell food or medication. Having a cigar may not be essential, but the guy who owns the cigar shop, or the guy who works at the cigar shop, or the people that work at the cigar distributor, or the people that work at the farm all have families that need to be supported. If you can walk into a Home Depot, you can walk into a Cigar Shop. The cigar shop is a much more controlled environment.

You can walk into the abortion clinic also, you can riot in the streets yelling and spitting on people. Seems to me the pool hall is as safe as Home Depot, and safer than Walmart.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
when the kids ask us "what did you do to stop them daddy?"

Seeing as how Wilhelm, errrrrr, de Blasio is an avowed Marxist are ANY of this a-hole's actions surprising????? Reminds of the old Stones lyric about NYC, 'don't mind the maggots'. Well, the maggots are now running this dump.

That's a good choice of words, they are maggots, or parasites is fitting as well.

People always wondered what would happen if our massive debt was called and the "lenders" wanted to collect and now they are seeing it live and in vivid reality.

Many of the greatest economic experts know the Federal Reserve keeps two sets of books, the one we see shows we are 20+ trillion in debt, the one we don't see is estimated to be in excess of 100 trillion.....some say closer to 200 trillion.

So what do they do when they can see the writing on the wall, that the entire credit/debt based system is going to collapse? Creating a diversion would be smart, something that they could blame it all on and, at the same time make everyone so scared of some "invisible enemy" that they would be willing to do just about anything to "be safe" and focus on anything but what the Federal Reserve is doing.

Now that 50+% of small businesses are closed for good, and the middle class has been completely wiped out they can artificially inflate the Stock Market to record breaking highs. This, to some people appears like the economy is still good, even though 37%+ unemployment may indicate the contrary.

As a former pool hustler and having spent many of my earlier years around genius gamblers and strategists, I admire "the plan" in some ways, however, knowing that the maggots and parasites are behind this I have no admiration for them......and what they are doing to naive, unsuspecting people is appalling and disgusting.....especially the kids, they will never have the freedom we have, when this "plan" is over we will be under a totalitarian technocracy with a new digital currency and won't be able to open the refrigerator without the D Wave Quantum Computer docking us points against the few we are allowed from our new "Government" (Govern - to control Ment - Mental - Mind Control).

Welcome to the "new normal," 5 years from now we can all ask ourselves what we did to stop this tyranny, especially when the kids ask us "what did you do to stop them daddy?"........hopefully you can say "everything in my power, I just couldn't wake people up that thought some "invisible enemy" was flying around in the air looking for someone to attack - this is called a "4th Generation Military Operation" when a small group of people take over the country (and the world) using propaganda, lies, and actwhores on TV.

The Game is the Teacher

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I think most on this forum are people that enjoy the billiard community and are interested in seeing changes and growth in it.

How will the old memories compare to making new memories?

if its worth it, it will be a lot of work that pays off, a lot of upstarts need to be told repeatedly. Its like they need a record player with automatic playlists and labels with comments for what is important.

More people use the internet than read books.

Its tough to find a cause when it feels like everything tried has been done. But there are many things that haven't been tried and a lot of people hoping for a lot.