O.H.B. and St. Louie, Louie Poster.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Your right - Not much!

The Kiss said:
Well what do you expect from a APA 7 a finer appreciation for the game??? :D No disrespect meant to you or the article OHB

kISS - But I can still Hope!

TY & GL

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
kISS - But I can still Hope!

TY & GL

Jeff Sergent was an APA 7. Mike Bandy was an APA 7. Steve Oaks was an APA 7.

Point being, there have been some very knowledgeable and skilled APA 7s. The guy who posts here under that "nom de plum" is neither.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
OK - You got me, Bill..........

hemicudas said:
Jeff Sergent was an APA 7. Mike Bandy was an APA 7. Steve Oaks was an APA 7.

Point being, there have been some very knowledgeable and skilled APA 7s. The guy who posts here under that "nom de plum" is neither.

What the hell does "nom de plum" mean ????????????

I am always saying things to my kids like (the other day), I said "You can tell a trapper, buy his furs"! OR "Don't worry about the horses, just LOAD THE DAMN WAGON"!
They look at me like a puppy when he cocks his head in confusion.

I think your the only one on here who can do that to me.
So again - What is "nom de plum"?

TY & GL

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:

I am always saying things to my kids like (the other day), I said "You can tell a trapper, buy his furs"! OR "Don't worry about the horses, just LOAD THE DAMN WAGON"!

TY & GL

French for 'pen name' , typically an alias that an author used. As an example, Benjamin Franklin used Silence Dogood as his nom de plum when he first started writing letters to the newspaper (where he worked, he was hiding his real identity). Many women authors long ago used male nom de plums in order to get published.

Dave

Last edited:

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DaveK said:
French for 'pen name' , typically an alias that an author used. As an example, Benjamin Franklin used Silence Dogood as his nom de plum when he first started writing letters to the newspaper (where he worked, he was hiding his real identity). Many women authors long ago used male nom de plums in order to get published.

Dave

Didn't think it would take someone from a French speaking country to know the meaning, Dave, LOL.

Quote: Lex Luthor, "Maybe you would know him better by his, nom de plum, Superman?

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:

TY & GL

Yep. Hemi is the only one here that could do that to you. You're waaay above the rest of us simpletons :rolleyes:

Eric

Last edited:

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
It's actually nom de plume. Plume being the French word for pen, plum being an English word for a type of fruit. It wouldn't surprise me if nom de plum isn't used fairly often due the laxness of people in general to spell things correctly. Since this thread has become somewhat of a flame war, you guys might want to start throwing around your nom de guerre, also. This would be your war name, like Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, the Black Widow, Stone Cold, etc. C'est la vie!

lukeinva

Banned
bsmutz said:
It's actually nom de plume. Plume being the French word for pen, plum being an English word for a type of fruit. It wouldn't surprise me if nom de plum isn't used fairly often due the laxness of people in general to spell things correctly. Since this thread has become somewhat of a flame war, you guys might want to start throwing around your nom de guerre, also. This would be your war name, like Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, the Black Widow, Stone Cold, etc. C'est la vie!

I hate the french!!! :D

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Sorry, APA7 - FYI, That Can't Be Done!

APA7 said:
It's only a lousy local newpaper article. Call the paper and see if you can buy an archived article. Maybe the local Library has it on microfiche too.
Brian

APA7 - FYI -The articles are from 1977 and was in The St. Louis Globe-Democrat. It has been Out Of Business for over 12 years. There is nothing at the libraries and even at the historical society. This Poster is comprised of 2 different articles that appeared on 2 consecutive days. December 26 & 27. The author intended to show the contrast and viewpoints of the two best pool players in the St. Louis metro area. He is the one who decided to interview me & Louie (AFTER) talking with people at the 4 main poolrooms.
These articles also have comments from me about Louie & comments about me from Buddy Hall. These comments are in an area where the old Tank McNamera cartoon used to be. The over all size of this Poster is 3' X 3'.

TY & GL

Last edited: