OAL of jump cue

ratcues

Theewen Custom Cues
Silver Member
What is your perfect over-all-length for a jump cue? I make mine 44" and people like its performance but the 15" butt will not fit in the side pocket of most cases. Do you believe there is a benefit one way or the other?
 
The benefits of the jump cue is being light (with a stiff tip). As long as they are comfortable in the hand (balanced) while playing the length maters not.

What I prefer:
a) shaft alone is too short to be comfortable, but jumps well
b) play cue is too long and too heavy too back heavy, and is hard to jump
c) as light as you can get it with out it becomming overly nose heavy
d) rules require it to be at least 40" long, and this requires the butt to be at least 11" long (29" typical shaft) but is is best to err on the long side and make it 12" long (min).

Thus making the butt shorter to fit in the (esisting) bag is the antithesis of good cue design. The owner of a jump cue will buy his next bag so it has the space for the jump cue.
 
What is your perfect over-all-length for a jump cue? I make mine 44" and people like its performance but the 15" butt will not fit in the side pocket of most cases. Do you believe there is a benefit one way or the other?

While I don't know how to make the 15" butt fit into the side pocket, I do know an economical and EFFECTIVE way to store the butt of the jump cue or a cue extension.

Home Depot sells some very small Joubert bungee cords that you can cut to any length needed and use them to wrap around your cue case. I hold one of the Longoni Cue Extensions Perfectly in place with two cords one at the to and one at the bottom and am certain it would do the same for a jump cue.

I almost lost the Longoni extension because the case that housed it had a very thin velcro strap and it broke in one day. Luckily I caught it before someone else found it. :-)

JoeyA
 
Back
Top