OB-1 Question

Radiophonicus

Registered
I'm seriously considering getting an OB-1 shaft after reading so many positive reviews here, but I've come across some contradictary information. What is the cue length? Seybert's has it listed at 27" while another site has it listed at 30". Are either of these correct?

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
My OB-1 shaft measures 29" from the the joint end to the end of the ferrule (i.e. not counting the tip itself). Dunno if they vary or not - I didn't specify a length, nor was I told (by the fellow I bought it through) that they came in varying lengths.

jasngrady

Registered
shaft sizes

I belive that the OB-1 has a standard length of 29" but 30" is optional if it is your preference. Maybe the 27 was a typo, or someone likes a short shaft?

Great shaft btw, I've been using mine for about 5 or so months now and I love it...as does damn near everyone that hits with it!

Jason

btw....Royce at OB cues is great to deal with. He'll respond to any questions you submit via the website www.obcues.com

AZ9BALLER

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I just tried one of these last night and was about to post some questions about it and I saw this thread. My question is what are people spending on these shafts in their area? I loved it btw.

Burtus

Livin like I mean it!
Silver Member
AZ9BALLER said:
Hey I just tried one of these last night and was about to post some questions about it and I saw this thread. My question is what are people spending on these shafts in their area? I loved it btw.
Hey all,
This is my first post here but have been reading and researching here for a while. I bought the OB-1 based on recommendation here and from Greg at BillardWharehouse. They cost $184.00 (delivered) with Uni-Loc joint for Lucasi L-EWR. Other joints available. It took a little time to get used to it as I overcompensated for the difference from the stock shaft. Outstanding shaft and fantastic feel!

RBC

Deceased
OB-1 Shaft Length

Radiophonicus,

Thanks for the interest in our cue shafts, and thanks for pointing out the typo! I just talked to Monique at Seybert's and she has corrected the problem. Boy is she fast!

The shafts are actually 29" as standard, but our Partials are long enough to make a 30" shaft from if you like.

You also mentioned seeing them at 30". Please let me know where you saw that so that I can get it corrected as well. Normally, 30" on a finished shaft is a special order.

And THANKS!, to all those who posted such nice things about the OB-1. I am glad that you are enjoying them!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
877-399-9901

RBC

Deceased
Radiophonicus,

I kind of figured it might be Atlas. All they sell are the Partials, primarily for cuemakers.

If you haven't seen the new deflection test results at Platinumbilliards.com, you should go look. The test results now posted show the performance of our current shaft, which has been out for over 18 months.

Thanks again!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
877-399-9901

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RBC said:
Radiophonicus,

Thanks for the interest in our cue shafts, and thanks for pointing out the typo! I just talked to Monique at Seybert's and she has corrected the problem. Boy is she fast!

The shafts are actually 29" as standard, but our Partials are long enough to make a 30" shaft from if you like.

You also mentioned seeing them at 30". Please let me know where you saw that so that I can get it corrected as well. Normally, 30" on a finished shaft is a special order.

And THANKS!, to all those who posted such nice things about the OB-1. I am glad that you are enjoying them!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
877-399-9901

Will you have a booth selling the shafts at the DCC? If so, I will probably stop by and buy one.

RBC

Deceased
mthornto,

We will be at the DCC, although I am not sure if we will have a booth. I am currently checking to see if any of our current retailers are planning to be there. If so, we will be there to support them with product and manpower. If not, we will be working to establish someone who is there as a dealer. In any event, we do plano to have representation there.

I just signed us up for the AZB room with Timberly also! I hope to see you there!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
877-399-9901

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RBC said:
mthornto,

We will be at the DCC, although I am not sure if we will have a booth. I am currently checking to see if any of our current retailers are planning to be there. If so, we will be there to support them with product and manpower. If not, we will be working to establish someone who is there as a dealer. In any event, we do plano to have representation there.

I just signed us up for the AZB room with Timberly also! I hope to see you there!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
877-399-9901

Sounds good, I will be there from the 10 - 14. Catch you in the room.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
RBC said:
We will be at the DCC, although I am not sure if we will have a booth. I am currently checking to see if any of our current retailers are planning to be there.
Can I assume that you will have a demo shaft available at the DCC? I am interested in your product and would like to experiment with one while we are there.