OB-1 Shaft Users: Squerve & how to deal with it.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
If any of you are like me you may find yourself perplexed about controlling the variables that you find yourself facing.

The OB-1 Shaft is now being used EXCLUSIVELY by John Schmidt and I'm sure he will be showing just what an OB-1 shaft can do in the hands of a champion. It may take some time for him to get used to playig with it at a high level but with his talent the learning curve will be shortened IMHO.

The OB-1 shaft does not squirt the cue ball very much and it is something you can get used to in a hurry but the swerve is another matter and depending upon how much you jack up your cue in the back and how soft of a stroke you have, you may have trouble dealing with swerve.

But in the meantime, if you aren't a champion and you want to know more about how to control the swerve in the cue ball, you may want to read Bob Jewett's article http://www.onthebreaknews.com/Jewett1.htm#July03

It could help you in your game whether you have an OB 1 shaft or not.

It took me a few minutes to write this thread. Bob probably took an hour to write that article. You can take ten minutes to read an digest it and your game will be improved.

How easy is that? Send "JELLY" to Buffalo Billiards in New Orleans or just drop it off at the AZ Room at the Derby City Classic in January. :D

Bob wouldn't mind a kudo if it helps your game too. Send him some good REP if it works for you. ;)

JoeyA
 
I couldn't wait to use OB-1, I was supposed to play with it by now, it should've arrive to me 2days ago. But what happened? I live really far from Mike gullyassy who created my new custom cue with OB-1 shaft, So we used express FEdex shipping, because they are well known company that ship cues. Mike made the cue for me and sent it to me via FEdex in the 19th, which is 6 days ago exactly. I payed for the express delivery which takes 2 to 3 working days, so I got the tracking number from Mike. then i keep tracking my shipment. First day in the United states, second day it was in PARIS. third day was in DUBAI Near me & by the way I live in Kuwait.

from DUBAI to Kuwait it is like 1.5 hours, So it was arrived in dubai in the 22nd of this month. I couldn't wait for it to arrive. I keep waiting, waiting & waiting. The fedex guy didn't showup infront of my door. I assumed it was a mistake, & Also the other day, same goes until today. I go to their website again & It's still in Dubai? Didn't even departed dubai yet. whats going on? so it's today 25/9 and It's still not here. Called them today they said "The package might be lost, but we are investegating it and will let you know" And i'm so sad, I really can't wait to play my ob-1 ONLY if they found it... if not they gonna refund my money, and will be no cue for me.. It's really sad.. im sorry for the long post, i just felt to say it..

/bye

-sadness Nawaf.

p.s. forgive my poor english.
 
asbani said:
I couldn't wait to use OB-1, I was supposed to play with it by now, it should've arrive to me 2days ago. But what happened? I live really far from Mike gullyassy who created my new custom cue with OB-1 shaft, So we used express FEdex shipping, because they are well known company that ship cues. Mike made the cue for me and sent it to me via FEdex in the 19th, which is 6 days ago exactly. I payed for the express delivery which takes 2 to 3 working days, so I got the tracking number from Mike. then i keep tracking my shipment. First day in the United states, second day it was in PARIS. third day was in DUBAI Near me & by the way I live in Kuwait.

from DUBAI to Kuwait it is like 1.5 hours, So it was arrived in dubai in the 22nd of this month. I couldn't wait for it to arrive. I keep waiting, waiting & waiting. The fedex guy didn't showup infront of my door. I assumed it was a mistake, & Also the other day, same goes until today. I go to their website again & It's still in Dubai? Didn't even departed dubai yet. whats going on? so it's today 25/9 and It's still not here. Called them today they said "The package might be lost, but we are investegating it and will let you know" And i'm so sad, I really can't wait to play my ob-1 ONLY if they found it... if not they gonna refund my money, and will be no cue for me.. It's really sad.. im sorry for the long post, i just felt to say it..

/bye

-sadness Nawaf.

p.s. forgive my poor english.

Your English is fine. Good luck with the package. Let us know how it turns out.
JoeyA
 
asbani said:
I couldn't wait to use OB-1, I was supposed to play with it by now, it should've arrive to me 2days ago. But what happened? I live really far from Mike gullyassy who created my new custom cue with OB-1 shaft, So we used express FEdex shipping, because they are well known company that ship cues. Mike made the cue for me and sent it to me via FEdex in the 19th, which is 6 days ago exactly. I payed for the express delivery which takes 2 to 3 working days, so I got the tracking number from Mike. then i keep tracking my shipment. First day in the United states, second day it was in PARIS. third day was in DUBAI Near me & by the way I live in Kuwait.

from DUBAI to Kuwait it is like 1.5 hours, So it was arrived in dubai in the 22nd of this month. I couldn't wait for it to arrive. I keep waiting, waiting & waiting. The fedex guy didn't showup infront of my door. I assumed it was a mistake, & Also the other day, same goes until today. I go to their website again & It's still in Dubai? Didn't even departed dubai yet. whats going on? so it's today 25/9 and It's still not here. Called them today they said "The package might be lost, but we are investegating it and will let you know" And i'm so sad, I really can't wait to play my ob-1 ONLY if they found it... if not they gonna refund my money, and will be no cue for me.. It's really sad.. im sorry for the long post, i just felt to say it..

/bye

-sadness Nawaf.

p.s. forgive my poor english.

Nawaf,
Did you finally receive your OB1 shafts?
JoeyA
 
Back
Top