OB 2 Review

Sambo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just wanted to pass along my thoughts of the ob2 shaft. i was playing with ob1 and liked it until i tried the ob2. the ob2 has a nice solid hit and i am at least 1 ball better than before. it was alittle thick in my fingers so i had it turned down and i could be any happier. i hope this helps some with those who are on the fence.

B-Rod

Always Post First!!!
Silver Member
I ve played with both and dont much care for the ob-1 but could not play with any other shaft than the ob-2 these shafts are the best

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both shaft to play with. I spend most of my time playing with the OB-2. I like the firmer hit along with the cue ball spin it delivers. I have played the the OB-1 for over 3 years and still love it, but I just think the 2 have a much better feel and cue ball reaction IMO.

FC

Sambo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB2 update

well i just wanted to add a an update to my purchase of an OB2. i have been practicing alot lately and finally played one of the better players in the pool hall and i could not be any happier with my the hit of the ob2. again i am at least 1 or 2 balls better than before.
ob2 rules in my book

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have commented on my OB-2 several times, but dont mind doing it again. I have played with 314-Z-Z² and OB1. I love the OB2. The hit is perfect.

nc9ball

Registered
When I purchased my cue, I had Keith also match me a up a OB-2 shaft for the cue. I had a OB-2 on my previous cue and I loved the shaft. I have tried to OB-2 now and have found that I hate it. Keith's shafts hit way better than the OB-2. The OB-2 shaft just sits in the bag. I guess I have it as a spare.

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Do any of you guys find the OB2 a little unforgiving, supposedly like the Z-2? I have read posts which have stated that your cueing has to be real solid and highly repeatable or the small diameter of the Z will exaggerate stroke flaws??

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I play with a 314 Fat shaft but I now think that I like a stiff shaft, not necessarily a fat shaft. I do play well with my Fatty but I wonder if the real low deflection of a stiff 11.75mm would be worth the change.

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I purchased my cue, I had Keith also match me a up a OB-2 shaft for the cue. I had a OB-2 on my previous cue and I loved the shaft. I have tried to OB-2 now and have found that I hate it. Keith's shafts hit way better than the OB-2. The OB-2 shaft just sits in the bag. I guess I have it as a spare.

I like my Josey shaft too, and it does have a little better feel. HOWEVER, I have found that the OB-2 is more forgiving, and requires much less effort to pull off the same shots. In fact, there are shots I can make with the OB-2 that I simply can't duplicate with the Josey shaft - like extreme cut shots with english, and some extremely narrow angle banks. It's an individual choice for sure, but for me the OB-2 is the way to go. :thumbup:

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do any of you guys find the OB2 a little unforgiving, supposedly like the Z-2? I have read posts which have stated that your cueing has to be real solid and highly repeatable or the small diameter of the Z will exaggerate stroke flaws??

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I play with a 314 Fat shaft but I now think that I like a stiff shaft, not necessarily a fat shaft. I do play well with my Fatty but I wonder if the real low deflection of a stiff 11.75mm would be worth the change.

That is the reason I quit using the z shaft several years ago. I was afraid of the same issue with the OB-2. I don't know if I'm better than I was a few years ago (I don't think so) but I haven't had this problem with the OB-2. I can't really explain why. I really think it's an individual preference, and you may just need to try one before you'll know if it's right for you.