OB Cues DigiCue BLUE - Official Passaround Reviews

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 things I forgot to mention. One, I hope in future maybe more time segment options. So I could do draw shots for 5 minutes then something else etc etc. A way around that, my second thing, is I highly recommend filming yourself so you can see how your stats correspond with how you shot. For example in one session in shot 7 I had 5 stroke errors. Sure enough my 7th shot filmed was horrible in execution. Combine the technology

These are both part of the roadmap :)

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I've compared six of the nine DigiCue BLUE parameters between last month (using my iPod) and this month (using my LG G4) characterizing my stroke while playing straight pool. Recently I've been very focused on trying to push into the ball more rather than hit it. I saw a slight improvement which makes me happy. This is reflected by the follow through score.

I did not focus on my finish (staying down) and plan to work on this in the future. I'd like to get it closer to 1.5/2 seconds.

I also have a tiny steer to the left that pops up sometimes... it mostly doesn't affect my game much unless I hit a hard shot, in which case I'll see a touch of unwanted left hand spin on the cue ball. This made me revisit my stance and I am working on straightening it out / more square.

Nate, My stroke tends to cause a "left steer" meaning I am moving the butt slightly to the right during delivery. Would you say a squarer stance would help fix this problem? Also my follow through is not so good. I understand that my acceleration is not smooth. What are your thoughts to fix it?

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I am thinking that there are going to be a lot of pool players who play well, and score around a 5 or 6 with "follow through". I designed the DigiCue BLUE to scale across all cue sports, including billiards and snooker. Pool is kind of in between those two games, where you are potting balls with a bit more clearance and navigating for position. I think you can do this, especially on a smaller pool table, with a punchy impact without the loss of accuracy causing misses. Snooker requires a bit more of a gentle "casting off" of the cue ball consistently, and three cushion billiards constantly demands it due to the heavier balls and spin required (massive push). I also am thinking that a punchier stoke can be a rock star sometimes and fall apart other times (more fluctuation in performance?) comparatively.

I have some friends who also find the "follow through" setting to be tough to score high on, and others who love what it measures. This is the best news for me, because it means that through our testing and trials I've set the parameter exactly where it should be... so that it generates an analytical and informative discussion.

I also want to add that high or low scores doesn't mean "good" or "bad" in black&white... the DigiCue is a tool to help quantify and benchmark your stroke so that you can set your own goals that are trackable instead of staying lost.

Nate, My I phone 6 cuts off the numbers while in the "average" of the statistics mode. The average numbers are cut off and are unreadable. Thanks.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nate, My stroke tends to cause a "left steer" meaning I am moving the butt slightly to the right during delivery. Would you say a squarer stance would help fix this problem?

Yes, try standing more square. Also try cocking your wrist out a bit like Mazin Shooni to give yourself more room for your stroke.

Also my follow through is not so good. I understand that my acceleration is not smooth. What are your thoughts to fix it?

Try pretending the cue ball is an entire ball width past where it is. Another trick I use is to consciously think about pushing the joint seam between the shaft and butt of my cue into my bridge hand. Its a mental exaggeration but it keeps me thinking about pushing the ball instead of stabbing at it.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Yes, try standing more square. Also try cocking your wrist out a bit like Mazin Shooni to give yourself more room for your stroke.

Try pretending the cue ball is an entire ball width past where it is. Another trick I use is to consciously think about pushing the joint seam between the shaft and butt of my cue into my bridge hand. Its a mental exaggeration but it keeps me thinking about pushing the ball instead of stabbing at it.
Thank You.