OB Cues DigiCue BLUE - Official Passaround Reviews

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First 1,000 DigiCue BLUE's just arrived (all sold).

Goal is to ship them all out today. Thanks for your patience!

How do you know if you are in the first batch? When I ordered it said it would ship in November. I ordered on the 9th. And if I didn't get one of the first batch how long before you receive the second?

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
First 1,000 DigiCue BLUE's just arrived (all sold).

Goal is to ship them all out today. Thanks for your patience!

How do you know if you are in the first batch? When I ordered it said it would ship in November. I ordered on the 9th. And if I didn't get one of the first batch how long before you receive the second?

Send me a PM with your info and I can let you know.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I am the #8 of the Digicue Blue testers. Just received a few days ago and got a chance to spend a few hours with it.

Note that I did purchase the original Digicue but sold it because of the lack of specific feedback. It would buzz on me but I had no idea why.

The Blue is MUCH improved. Withing 30 minutes of working with it, I was able to make some adjustments to a few things. My finish was far too fast, I had a bit of tip swerve and straightness issues. I'm not able to make not of my errors specifically which let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm sold 100%. The feedback is priceless to me. Well done Shane and OB. I'll be sending it to Rick K. next in Wisconsin after I play around with it for the next few days.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the #8 of the Digicue Blue testers. Just received a few days ago and got a chance to spend a few hours with it.

Note that I did purchase the original Digicue but sold it because of the lack of specific feedback. It would buzz on me but I had no idea why.

The Blue is MUCH improved. Withing 30 minutes of working with it, I was able to make some adjustments to a few things. My finish was far too fast, I had a bit of tip swerve and straightness issues. I'm not able to make not of my errors specifically which let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm sold 100%. The feedback is priceless to me. Well done Shane and OB. I'll be sending it to Rick K. next in Wisconsin after I play around with it for the next few days.

I really enjoyed it too. It was really nice. Gotta give them props. The app identifying issues was a huge help for me.

Protocol

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the Digi cue blue allow to keep history or stats separate for 2 different players. Say I would like to use it and have my wife use it also, is there a way to separate my practice from hers?

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Does the Digi cue blue allow to keep history or stats separate for 2 different players. Say I would like to use it and have my wife use it also, is there a way to separate my practice from hers?

I'd also like to know this, but in addition - does it track different 'sessions' and such or just history? I would ideally like to practice my power draw in one session, long cuts in another etc.

The data would be easier to read if it could be grouped like this, I'm certain I have stroke flaws on some shots that don't show up on others and could be hidden by the stats...

Thanks!

b

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Yes. You download the app on your phone, your wife downloads on her phone. Each of you login using either your google account or Facebook account on your phones within the app and your apps will record and keep all of your shots. So when you change phones, you redownload the app and all of your shot history is saved. You can then share a device and you use it with your phone and your app and your wife uses it with her phone and her app.

Hope this helps.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I'd also like to know this, but in addition - does it track different 'sessions' and such or just history? I would ideally like to practice my power draw in one session, long cuts in another etc.

The data would be easier to read if it could be grouped like this, I'm certain I have stroke flaws on some shots that don't show up on others and could be hidden by the stats...

Thanks!

b

b,

Yes to this also. In stats, you can pull up just the last hour so you can see your stats for just that last hour. You can also look at the last day, week, month, year or all time.

Hope this helps.

Protocol

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. You download the app on your phone, your wife downloads on her phone. Each of you login using either your google account or Facebook account on your phones within the app and your apps will record and keep all of your shots. So when you change phones, you redownload the app and all of your shot history is saved. You can then share a device and you use it with your phone and your app and your wife uses it with her phone and her app.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, sounds good. Will be ordering one.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my "blue" yesterday and have spent about an hour fooling around with it....verrrrry interesting. I'm not sure how to interpret the bar graphs on the app though. I know green with a check mark is a good thing. but what do the associated numbers actually stand for? More thorough printed instructions would help thick headed individuals like myself. Does left or right mean the hit was off center even if the stroke was straight??
Shane, if you read this would you make a DigiCue Blue for dummies available on the forum? Mitch

MOJOE

Silver Member
Don't know what the number mean? All you have to do is click on the word you have a question about such as Finish, Straightness etc. It gives you a detailed explanation of what the numbers mean as well as each category. It's really that simple. Could not be much easier

open

open

Got my "blue" yesterday and have spent about an hour fooling around with it....verrrrry interesting. I'm not sure how to interpret the bar graphs on the app though. I know green with a check mark is a good thing. but what do the associated numbers actually stand for? More thorough printed instructions would help thick headed individuals like myself. Does left or right mean the hit was off center even if the stroke was straight??
Shane, if you read this would you make a DigiCue Blue for dummies available on the forum? Mitch

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Mojoe, I'm a computer challenges Luddite. Were those instructions somewhere that I missed?
Mitch

MOJOE

Silver Member
Thanks Mojoe, I'm a computer challenges Luddite. Were those instructions somewhere that I missed?
Mitch

No problem Mitch. I worked with the Demo, no instructions were included. Luckily, my profession is 100% technology bases so it's something I was already comfortable with. Glad I was able to help. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try to help out. I ordered one too, the demo convinced me in no time.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I really like mine, I played with all day today. On beginner level, it never vibrated, so I guess I am beyond beginner. Also, the settings on the app were great. I played around with several trying to adjust them to a custom setting that would match the stroke I am trying to get to. On advanced level showed that my stroke straightness and that I am tending to pull to right.

I am going to try it in a tournament, and edit a video and display some of the bad strokes in tournament to the readings on the DigiCue... Should be interesting. I find this thing so easy to use.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
My Review

Here's my initial review after a few hours with it...

Overall, it's awesome. The feedback level and the shot detection are excellent. Once you've got it seated it goes on securely and comes off without worry about damaging anything. It detected all of my shots without issue and was a cinch to connect.

I can see this being a integral part of my practice routine, don't think I would shoot in a tournament with it as the vibration without the visual feedback to me is a distraction at best.

A few things I would suggest for software update and perhaps a product change:

+ It was difficult to get the little battery / blue tooth thingy in to the end of the rubber sleeve properly. I'm pretty coordinated and it took a good 5-10 minutes of futzing to get it seated properly. Don't know what the answer is there.

+ The organization of the stats could be better, I found it a bit difficult to see overall what I wanted. The history section is great, and good for digging into individual shots that have faults. Then the stats section is also divided by individual faults without any way (that I can see) to look at an aggregate view of what my stroke is like by displaying all the faults for a time period to see trends. Its hard right now to know what is wrong with my stroke in general without digging into individual faults. A spider or radar chart of the fault categories with fault amounts would be a nice visualization of this overall view.

+ I would like for shots to be related to a category of some sort, either preset or preferable user customizable. Doing this I could categorize when I practice cut shots, or when I practice power draw and just assign them to this category - the history and stats could then be filtered by this. This is a simply data relation change that would make things much more useful - I don't believe one stroke fits all, (steering long cut shots, ex)

Please don't let these things stop you from buying, it's an amazing little device, and I hope that some software updates could solve some of the small things.

Hitting a shot and seeing immediate, categorized feedback is amazing :)

b