OB goes to the right on power shots

fish2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB is 5 inches from pocket. CB is 10 inches from the other end, on slow and medium stroke, no issues, on power stroke where I need to CB to go back to the other end, I miss the pocket by 2-3 inches to the right. I am guessing my swing arm has a tendency to move to the right...
How do I fix this?

Attachments

• power shot.png
    power shot.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take the focus off of your grip hand and put it on your arm. Providing you're not an elbow dropper in this shot ---- keep your elbow still and snap your arm closed, so that the bottom half hits flush against the top half, just like a scissor. You'll need a low stance for this and your cue will definitely finish into the cloth, which is not a bad thing --- and most importantly, it will assure you of a straight arm swing. That's how I shoot those high-risk shots.

BlueRaider

Registered
Focus on a smooth transition between backstroke and forward stroke and keep your grip pressure consistent. I run into the same problem because I naturally have a relatively "weak" jab stroke. I can get away with it 95% of the time, but when I need to absolutely juice up on a ball, my mechanics tend to fall apart unless I focus intensely on keeping things solid.

Reactions: bbb