Oddity- Moori Hard/Quick and mushrooming

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I just received a dud, but I've found that the Moori Quick that I had installed on my playing cue has a tendency to mushroom quite a bit. I've used three Moori mediums and never had this problem; with a hard tip, I'd expect it to hold shape even better. What gives?

Not to take anything away from the tip, it performs great, but the mushrooming is quite aggravating when I always have to bring it back to my repairman or find a DIY solution.

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Did they press the tip? My guy pressed my Moori's in a vice before he put them on. Said it helps prevent this sort of thing. They are med tho-idk if it makes a diff but your med Moori might have been pressed too. :confused:

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to shoot with a Moori Medium. Had a little mushrooming a few weeks after installation but none after that. Switched to Moori soft about 2 years ago. Used 3 in that time. You'd expect some mushrooming with a soft tip but never had any mushrooming with any of the 3 soft tips. I've never played with the Moori Quick but I am surprised that you're seeing so much mushrooming.