Off to a good start for a 20 week season!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well as you all know I was captain of a bar league last season, and we wound up winning the championship after a season of much drama! LOL

Well this season the veteran of the team took over, and the other vet is his co-captain. I had to give up the captain spot as I am not going to be there some nights due to work. We kept the whole team together to try and repeat.

Well we started this season off with a bang! There are a total of 27 points any given night. 1 point for each single match and 2 points for each doubles match.

There are a bunch of new teams this season! Last season we had 20 teams, now we have 30 teams. The teams that are in our division are all new teams from new bars.

We played a new bar, and at the end of the night we won 26 - 1! I guess my team is still flying high from the championship because we were playing really well. The other team wasn't bad, we were just playing that good. I was really impressed with everyone's games.

The captain came up to us and said she knew we were the champions and it would be a tough night, but they didn't realize we were that good! LOL It was a great compliment for us. Too bad she didn't see us last season, cause they could have given us a run for our money most weeks of last season. We didn't turn it on until the playoffs last time.

I guess I was still flying high from the championship, because I only had one bad shot the whole night, and I won all 5 of my games. It is so much easier to have fun when your not the captain! LOL I can just focus on my game and play, which is exactly what I did. (I have been playing really good the last month or so, and I don't know if I have hit another level or I am just really amped to play. I really don't care what it is, because I am shooting some of the best pool I have every played.)

Well I just wanted to boast a little bit! LOL

Everyone wish us luck in another championship run, we are off to a great start. Hopefully we can keep it up all the way through the playoffs!
 
Last edited:
Good job, TXP! Always nice to start off with a good win.

I'm happy to say it looks like our league will be starting up again soon with a few new faces in it. We'll be looking to defend our title too!
 
chilli66 said:
Good job, TXP! Always nice to start off with a good win.

I'm happy to say it looks like our league will be starting up again soon with a few new faces in it. We'll be looking to defend our title too!


That is great to hear! I know you were worried that it wouldn't start back up.

I love leagues, and I think it is a great way to be around a lot of pool maniacs!

I don't know how I would survive without my league nights! LOL

I wish you all the best, and I hope that you all kick butt and take names! Go for the Gold.

Next year I am going to try and start a BCA sanctioned league up around here.

Hopefully there will be enough interest to get it started. I already have people asking me about it, and I only told a hand full of people about it.

They all seem to be looking for a good sanctioned league around here.

Hopefully I can get-r-done!
 
Yep, we need just one more player now I believe. I'm trying to talk a friend of mine into joining but he doesn't think he's good enough. He's a lot better than he gives himself credit for & I think league play would help him a lot. I'll have to work on him a little more!:D
 
Well tell him there is no better way to learn than to just jump in and have fun! LOL

I hope you all get your season started. Have a great week Chilli
 
txplshrk said:
Well tell him there is no better way to learn than to just jump in and have fun! LOL

I hope you all get your season started. Have a great week Chilli

Thank you! I learned tonight that our league will be kicking off again this week! Great news!
 
Week 2

Well for week 2 we continued to dominate 21 - 6 was the final score.

So that is 47 win points for us!

I hope we continue to crush the competition this year!
 
Week #3

Well we won again with a 21 - 6 victory!

That means we are at 68 points total for wins!

Last night we looked at the rest of the league and the closest one behind us is 10 points behind and they are in our division.

The next closest one is 11 points behind and in a Monday division. Mon. and Wed. are kind of like East and West divisions.

The other Wed. division is like 12 points behind us.

We have to keep up our level of play so that we can repeat this year though!
I don't want anyone slacking because they think we got it easy!

The weeks total out like this.

Week 1 = 26 to 1
Week 2 = 21 to 6
Week 3 = 21 to 6

Yea for us! LOL
 
You're off to a good start! I wish I could say the same for us.

First week we scraped a win & this week we tied! I won 1 of my 4 games thanks to a B&R. Not so good at all. My game has gone from one extreme to the other this week. I played in the Sunday tourney & went out 2 & 0. As I was losing the second game I was actually glad it was over, my heart just wasn't in it. I've never felt that way before. I hung around after to shoot a few racks & try to get back on track.

It seemed to help on Wednesday, I played a lot better but lost 3 racks against people I'd expect to beat. Then on Thursday I subbed for my captain on his other team & played damned near perfect!! Won all 4 racks.

I'll play again Sunday & hope to keep my head working the right way!! Damn sure I don't want a repeat of last week!

Good luck to you this week too!
 
Thanks

I am just about to head out and play in the Sat tourny here. I won 3 place last week and got $60 bucks for doing so. The entry is $11.

We are doing really well in our league, and I am playing in two leagues right now. I am shooting some of the best pool in my life. Thursday I had a little bit of a mental block and messed up a few good spreads, but I think I will be in a better mind set today. Tougher players at the Sat tourny.

Good luck tomorrow!
 
Record

Here is our record so far!

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10


And we are continuing to pull away from the competition in the league by leaps and bounds! I looked at the stats last night and the closest team to us in points is like 15 behind! We are taking a commanding lead of the whole league. That will insure us home field advantage in the playoffs.
 
Last edited:
You're going well!

We've gotten off to an indifferent start, 2 wins & a tie! Our league plays points per ball so although I won one more rack this week I got less points! I was really up & down with my game which I'll blame on feeling like crap due to allergies! Amazing, when I could hardly walk last season I played some of my best pool but the allergies killed me. Couldn't even seem to think straight, let alone shoot straight!:(

Hopefully next week I'll have a clear head & get back on track. Good luck to you too, txp!
 
Here is our record so far!

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9

And we are continuing to pull away from the competition in the league by leaps and bounds! I looked at the stats last night and the closest team to us in points is like 20 behind! We are taking a commanding lead of the whole league. That will insure us home field advantage in the playoffs.
 
Sounds like every week is a good one for you!

We were tied for 1st place going into last night's game & got a decent win, but I forgot to check our rivals score before I left! I played with a cricked neck last night but managed to pull off my first 4 win night of the season. I'm beginning to think I should try to play injured every week!!:D
 
I just started playing on an APA league for the first time ever in life. I played 2 weekends now. It's actually quite fun but we play on 9 foot tables so I went ahead with it. We've not lost yet but it's only been 2 weeks. I'm not going to type it all again but I've been yackin about it on the blog I keep at http://fathomlessful.blogspot.com

I'll keep updating it as the weeks go by.

What type of league is yours? Just a local created and ran league? Sounds fun though keep up the wins!
 
Our league is an in-house BCA rules 8 ball league. 4 players per team. You score a point for each ball potted which gives you an average score which is then used to handicap teams. We had to give our opponents 12 points last night but managed to win.

It's a fun league with a lot of good folks in it. Plus you get free pool from Sunday to Thursday as a member which can't be bad!!:D
 
Yea we get that same perk here.. Free pool sun - thursday any hours and they're good simonis 9' tables :D cant beat that huh. We have no BCA here though..
 
cubc said:
Yea we get that same perk here.. Free pool sun - thursday any hours and they're good simonis 9' tables :D cant beat that huh. We have no BCA here though..

Ours is only the rules, not a BCA sanctioned league. It'd be nice if it were.
 
Well, I've now been drafted into my captains team in the Thursday league as well! 2 players had to drop out so I was asked if I wanted to help out. It'll mean less tourney time for me at the weekend but I do love league play.

Besides, my skipper is a hell of a good guy who I enjoy playing with.

I had to add that last sentence because I know he's been reading this stuff!!:D
 
Record

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6

Not bad for the first 6 weeks! LOL
 
Back
Top