Off to a good start for a 20 week season!

Week #7

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7

That is our record so far.............7 weeks of wins! LOL
 
Last Wednesday we were one rack short of shooting a perfect game. We went into last night's match 1 point off 1st place, we ended up winning a scrappy match well enough to put us top.

As for Thursday night's league I dropped my final rack last week to make it 7 of 8 won. Would've been nice to keep the 100% record going for a little longer! I'll be heading out in awhile for tonight's game & I have to say I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm limping around the table once again.:( I blame Donovan for that, he jinxed me last week by asking how my legs were!!!

TXP, you guys really are having a great run. Don't you just love it when it's going well?
 
Well, tonight's game was looking promising. 3 of our team are in the top 4 of the individual rankings, with one guy from our main rivals in 2nd place (I'm in 3rd.) We were playing them tonight & I broke & ran against the guy in the first rack, unfortunately our guy who is in 1st place was on the wrong end of something similar! I still felt we'd do well though.

The one thing we couldn't do anything about though was a power outage after the 1st 2 games! All games were called off about 8:45 with everyone in the dark. What a letdown when you're looking forward to playing.:( We'll play them again next week. Thank God I've got league again tomorrow night, I may take a flashlight just in case!!!!;)
 
That's a pretty good record there...congrats to you. We just completed week 5 and not doing too good. We are in 6th place....out of 8 teams. Personally, I am doing better than ever...won 18 out of my 20 games, but the team itself is not doing well....nobody takes it as serious as I do. I really need to look for a different team.
 
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7 again!

I guess we are getting lucky! LOL

Yea I do like it when we click. Hopefully we won't get lazy in the playoffs.
 
Still looking good there, TXP! I can't see you guys letting your guard down in the playoffs, you're too consistent.

Our Thursday night league went well, the power stayed on all night! 3 of us shot perfect games again with only our skipper dropping a rack. Not like him to do that, he's more reliable than I am, that's for sure.

But, he did lose one & I'm gonna rag on him a little for it simply because his AZB account is now working & he can defend himself!!!:D Come on loc712, I know you'll see this!!!!!;)
 
Enjoy it while you can!

because usually the 'handicaps' catch up with winning teams where it becomes a situation of having to play perfect Pool in order to win in the future, and we all know noone plays perfect Pool all the time.
 
Snapshot9 said:
because usually the 'handicaps' catch up with winning teams where it becomes a situation of having to play perfect Pool in order to win in the future, and we all know noone plays perfect Pool all the time.

No handicaps in this league! This is a straight up league where the best players usually win.

In the playoffs however we may finally meet some people that can play, and I hope we aren't too comfortable by that time because it could bite us in the butt!
 
We had to give our opponents a 12 point spot last night but still won by about 45 points. They're fairly close behind us in the standings so I'm sure we'll have to give up more against lower teams in the last few weeks.

My individual handicap came into play this week, until you've played 3 weeks everyone is rated as a 26 (of a maximum 32) but my true average is 31 so that cost us a few more points. The other guy on our team who started the week after me will be rated as a 32 from next week. Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me to see him finish unbeaten! He's a great player.
 
Tonight was the replay of last week's power-outage curtailed match, against the team just above us in 1st place. I managed to start with a break & run again but was lucky to win my second game & should've been on the wrong end of a B & R in the last one. I ended up with 3 wins & 1 loss but overall we won by 38 points, putting us comfortably at the top of the table!

We're still without one of our regular players due to back surgery but the guy who subbed for us tonight is going to stand in until he returns. Nice to have some consistancy in the side again & he played some damn nice pool for us. Very much appreciated!

Now I just want Thursday night to get here!!!!!
 
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13!

We got hammered tonight! They had a new guy on their team and he ran out twice! Most of the guys on my team looked asleep last night. They were trying, but weren't getting any rolls.

It is hard for one person to carry a 6 man team, but I ran out twice myself, and I was playing jam up pool last night. Hell I had to or we would have lost for sure!

I even got a huge compliment from a guy I don't know. He stated that I was the best player on my team. I don't think that I am, but I am definitely improving. So I guess I should just take the compliment and shut up, right?

Anyway, I hope that woke my guys up. I don't want to loose a freaking match this season! I want to shoot for the undefeated season!
 
chilli66 said:
Tonight was the replay of last week's power-outage curtailed match, against the team just above us in 1st place. I managed to start with a break & run again but was lucky to win my second game & should've been on the wrong end of a B & R in the last one. I ended up with 3 wins & 1 loss but overall we won by 38 points, putting us comfortably at the top of the table!

We're still without one of our regular players due to back surgery but the guy who subbed for us tonight is going to stand in until he returns. Nice to have some consistancy in the side again & he played some damn nice pool for us. Very much appreciated!

Now I just want Thursday night to get here!!!!!

Wow chilli you sound like me! I won 3 and lost 1 too! The 1 I lost was due to a team mate in the doubles not playing safe when he should have though. (Oh well can't fix it now.)

I had two run outs last night and I was on fire!

Sounds like you all are ready for your steady player to come back. Hopefully the back surgery won't hold him back much.

I think we actually lost a team member last night. Sad part is that he was the same person that was crying last season. I wish people would just grow up. It is a team league, if he doesn't like the team part then he needs to just go play individual tournaments.

I know what you mean about waiting for tonight too! I live for Wed and Thursday nights! LOL
 
chilli66 said:
Our league is an in-house BCA rules 8 ball league. 4 players per team. You score a point for each ball potted which gives you an average score which is then used to handicap teams. We had to give our opponents 12 points last night but managed to win.

It's a fun league with a lot of good folks in it. Plus you get free pool from Sunday to Thursday as a member which can't be bad!!:D

hey chilli66, what room is this out of?
 
txplshrk said:
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13!

We got hammered tonight! They had a new guy on their team and he ran out twice! Most of the guys on my team looked asleep last night. They were trying, but weren't getting any rolls.

It is hard for one person to carry a 6 man team, but I ran out twice myself, and I was playing jam up pool last night. Hell I had to or we would have lost for sure!

I even got a huge compliment from a guy I don't know. He stated that I was the best player on my team. I don't think that I am, but I am definitely improving. So I guess I should just take the compliment and shut up, right?

Anyway, I hope that woke my guys up. I don't want to loose a freaking match this season! I want to shoot for the undefeated season!

Keep going, Scott! I think I finally play my first league night in a couple of weeks. Mine is a traveling league and the DFW area is large, so I try to only play at the home nights.

Melinda
 
Well

maybe you are just in an 'easy' league night. Wednesday and Thursday league nights have always been the toughest around here, and on other nights, banger teams play mostly.
 
Snapshot9 said:
maybe you are just in an 'easy' league night. Wednesday and Thursday league nights have always been the toughest around here, and on other nights, banger teams play mostly.


Thanks! Way to boost up my confidence! LOL

We are the reigning champs, and I didn't put a slouch of a team together either. We will hit some tough spots come playoffs. I just couldn't believe we barely won last night though. My team was asleep!
 
Melinda said:
Keep going, Scott! I think I finally play my first league night in a couple of weeks. Mine is a traveling league and the DFW area is large, so I try to only play at the home nights.

Melinda

Cool! I hope you all do well, I have seen you play, and your not a slouch by any means! I think the other teams should be intimidated!
 
txplshrk said:
Cool! I hope you all do well, I have seen you play, and your not a slouch by any means! I think the other teams should be intimidated!

LOL - I wish, but it's an A league and we are finding out it's tough to hang with the big boys. However, it will be nice to have that extra added knowledge of knowing if I miss, they may get out. Makes all the decisions at the table that much more important.
 
txplshrk said:
That is great to hear! I know you were worried that it wouldn't start back up.

I love leagues, and I think it is a great way to be around a lot of pool maniacs!

I don't know how I would survive without my league nights! LOL

I wish you all the best, and I hope that you all kick butt and take names! Go for the Gold.

Next year I am going to try and start a BCA sanctioned league up around here.

Hopefully there will be enough interest to get it started. I already have people asking me about it, and I only told a hand full of people about it.

They all seem to be looking for a good sanctioned league around here.

Hopefully I can get-r-done!

Hey Txshark dude, if you're going to start a league, you should get a few people to help you right away and start looking into the corporate aspects( forming a society or incorporating ).

Also you should be advertizing via word of mouth to any of the teams you play against right now.

I've just gone through this process and it really helps when you have all the ground work done in advance.
 
supergreenman said:
Hey Txshark dude, if you're going to start a league, you should get a few people to help you right away and start looking into the corporate aspects( forming a society or incorporating ).

Also you should be advertizing via word of mouth to any of the teams you play against right now.

I've just gone through this process and it really helps when you have all the ground work done in advance.

Thanks for the advice! I have already got approximately 30 people interested, and I am going to look towards doing it BCA sanctioned. I think I already have the pool hall too, but I have to make sure everything is finalized with the owner first.
 
Back
Top