Off to a good start for a 20 week season!

26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12
21 - 6
18 - 9 (We win by forefit, so we only get 18 points )
23 - 4
17 - 10

Only 3 more weeks until playoffs! (Playoffs will start 2 weeks after the end of the season though!) We are on our way to a championship as long as we keep playing well and keep our attitude in the right direction!

On Thursday night league we are sitting in a firm 3rd place! So hopefully we will keep it up and stay in the top three in that league.
 
chilli66 said:
Well, the new season of our Thursday league has yet to start. One team is still short of a player. Ours!:eek: I suggested to our skipper last night that we advertise on AZB for someone. These were the requirements I came up with:

1. Must be able to run racks at will.
2. Must like to buy drinks for teammates all night, every night.

There must be someone out there who fits that description!;)


If you find one like that, then make sure he is in Corpus so he can join my team!

Sorry about your Wed night league, but I think you guys can rebound. You all sound like you have dominated all season!
 
We did bounce back last night, although our opponents were a player short so that helped. We should've been giving them a 16 point start but they had to give us points!

Our Thursday league starts tonight. Apparently the league operator has found us a player who he thinks will fit our requirements. Needless to say I'm expecting the player I described earlier!!:D
 
And the new Thursday night league is underway!:D And we started the defence of our title with a loss!:(

It just wasn't our night. 3 times I hooked myself on the 8, really careless stuff. I was lucky to get 3 wins out of 4. The annoying part is two of them should've been break and runs. We met our new teammate for the first time, seems like a good guy. He hasn't played for 2 years so was a little rusty but he did pull off some nice shots. I think give him a week or two & he'll be fine.

Quite a few new faces in the league this time, including some very good players. Looks like it's going to be a good season but we'll definitely have to do better than we did last night if we want to keep our crown! Personally, I like the challenge!:D
 
26 - 1
21 - 6
21 - 6
17 - 10
18 - 9
21 - 6
20 - 7
20 - 7
14 - 13
15 - 12
22 - 5
15 - 12
15 - 12
21 - 6
18 - 9 (We win by forefit, so we only get 18 points )
23 - 4
17 - 10
18 - 9 (We win by forefit again!)
18 - 9

We only have one more week left and we are still undefeated! Maybe we will have the undefeated season going into the playoffs!

Except there is a 2 week lay off before the playoffs damn Christmas and New Years! LOL


Thursday night league we propelled into 3rd place one round behind 2nd and 10 rounds behind 1st with only 5 more weeks of play left!
 
I agree, the Christmas season messes with the pool schedule too much!

We won our penultimate match on Wednesday to guarantee us the winners spot again. I went 4-0 to tie up the individual title, looks like 2 of my teammates are going to get 2nd & 3rd! We have our final game next week but have to wait until Jan 9th for trophies!

As for Thursday nights we got back to our winning ways. I dropped my first rack for the second week running, I really have to stop that happening! While I was playing my last game one of our opponents made what my captain called "one of the best shots he'd ever seen!" Apparently the guy was on the 8 but the obvious pockets were blocked so he called a 3 rail bank & made it! I was shown the layout & it must've been a sweet shot to make! Our skipper even went over to shake his hand, he must've been impressed!

It's things like that that make pool so good!
 
Back
Top