Ohio Open, US PRO SERIES

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fighting and getting drunk is a great way to attract youth and sponsorships! There is a reason that pool isn't in schools and its YOU.
Booze, fighting, and gambling are the reasons kids aren't playing pool?!? Give me a break. Kids love that kind of stuff.

Times have changed. Kids would rather stay home and play video games than go out and play in the yard or venture into a pool room. Plus, parents are way more protective now-a-days and they won't even let their kids go out on their own.

Don't blame the failure of pool on the ones who are actually showing up to the pool halls...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booze, fighting, and gambling are the reasons kids aren't playing pool?!? Give me a break. Kids love that kind of stuff.

Times have changed. Kids would rather stay home and play video games than go out and play in the yard or venture into a pool room. Plus, parents are way more protective now-a-days and they won't even let their kids go out on their own.

Don't blame the failure of pool on the ones who are actually showing up to the pool halls...
The problem isn't as big as people make it sound. 99.9% of the time when I go out to play pool everybody behaves themselves. The image is the problem. Pool has had that bad image since the forties or fifties.

Last edited:

onthesnap8004

The reason kids aren't playing pool is accessibility and they don't start at a young enough age. Parents don't want their kids around booze, fighting and gambling. The question is how do we get in schools? Rebuilding the image of the game, that's how. Take out booze and gambling and rebrand the game as a game of chess with a physical aspect. Dr Dave was recently on Neil Degrasse Tyson's podcast talking about the physics of pool. Why not have a class in schools?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason kids aren't playing pool is accessibility and they don't start at a young enough age. Parents don't want their kids around booze, fighting and gambling. The question is how do we get in schools? Rebuilding the image of the game, that's how. Take out booze and gambling and rebrand the game as a game of chess with a physical aspect. Dr Dave was recently on Neil Degrasse Tyson's podcast talking about the physics of pool. Why not have a class in schools?
Getting them off their phones/computers is as big if not a bigger hurdle than the accessibility part. Learning to play this game takes time-n-effort. They'd rather play poker. FAR more money in it and easier to learn. People have talked about pool in schools for eons. Don't ever see it happening. There is some junior pool i know but its too spread out and dis-organized.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting them off their phones/computers is as big if not a bigger hurdle than the accessibility part. Learning to play this game takes time-n-effort. They'd rather play poker. FAR more money in it and easier to learn. People have talked about pool in schools for eons. Don't ever see it happening. There is some junior pool i know but its too spread out and dis-organized.
Lets take a video of every shot and post selfies! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Or get 'em where they live:

Start a Tik-Tok challenge....how many balls can you make in a row?..add some popular music and involve a few hot girls and boys...maybe someone famous.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I disagree. Go to a major league ballgame. You will see alcohol, cursing, fighting, gambling...and you know what else you will see? Kids and parents out making memories and having a good time.

How many dads take their kids to the golf course and drink half a case of beer? How many of those same dads TEACH their kids to gamble by playing a dollar a hole?

And as a high school teacher, let me just say that it will take a lot more than marketing pool as chess to get it into schools. A whole lot more.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Lets take a video of every shot and post selfies! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Or get 'em where they live:

Start a Tik-Tok challenge....how many balls can you make in a row?..add some popular music and involve a few hot girls and boys...maybe someone famous.
Get Em where they live 🤣🤣
You may be on to something here with the Tik-tok challenge though. I’m sure there’s some way to rope in a few impressionable minds

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sad part is it would end up being
a "who can put a billiard ball in their mouth and take it back out again" challenge.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew a man that could ''spit'' obj. balls 5 rails. TN boy.
George_Wendt_as_Private_LaRoche.png