Old Brunswick Snooker Cue

I found one these on an auction site and got it a few days ago. Brunswick made these from 1952 until 1960. They could be ordered in weights from 17-20 oz. They are 60" long and have a 12mm tip. The original Brunswick soft case had original owners name and address. His name was William Athis and he lived in Lancaster, Ca. I did some research and found that he and his immediate family are gone. His youngest daughter died at 71 in 2023. Williams two sons preceded her in death. He took care of his stuff because this is now my straightest cue. Not only that, it has the best feel (to me) of any cue i've ever tried. It's a 17 oz. I highly recommend that if anyone has a chance to shoot with one of these,take it.
today th (1).jpeg

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the cue. I have a couple in my collection, both of mine have the older style label. One has the most crooked shaft of any of my cues but the label is near perfect.
The shaft is Birdseye maple, I figure that is why it is so warped.

I do play my Tru Balance snooker cues and they play fantastic.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the cue. I have a couple in my collection, both of mine have the older style label. One has the most crooked shaft of any of my cues but the label is near perfect.
The shaft is Birdseye maple, I figure that is why it is so warped.

I do play my Tru Balance snooker cues and they play fantastic.
Thanks. I call it my mother ku-king pool cue.