Old Meucci Originals F/S - Block Letters!

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Hi all,

I have a friend that called me yesterday to help him sell some of his collection of old Meucci players. He's a big Meucci fan and has used all these cues. They are players with lots of little dings and scratches, but nothing major. A couple have a little rollout (the white jointed one and the notched diamond model with the dark spec wrap) that doesn't affect play. Some of the shafts also have some rollout (typical old Meucci), but none lift from the table. I'll be glad to answer specifics, as I just got the cues and haven't really had the chance to check them out individually yet.

I know this is a "custom forum" for the most part, but there always seems to be interest in the old Meuccis, as I think they're just a better made cue than the new stuff.

They will probably end up on Ebay, but I figured I'd run them by here first. I won't be around during the day today, but will try to get answers to anyone that has questions this evening.

Thanks for looking!

Steve

Attachments

• Mar2010 001.JPG
    Mar2010 001.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,361
  • Mar2010 008.JPG
    Mar2010 008.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 4,107
  • Mar2010 004.jpg
    Mar2010 004.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,595
  • Mar2010 005.JPG
    Mar2010 005.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,523
Last edited:

jocnat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Could you provide pictures of shafts? and shaft diameters. Are all shafts matching? Are all cues playable. Are there two shafts per cue? Are the wraps all laquer finish?

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Damnit!! As soon as I buy the older models of these cues you come out with the Originals with 2 shafts:( I'd love to have the 2nd from the top as well but just cant afford it...:mad:

mervz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi all,

I have a friend that called me yesterday to help him sell some of his collection of old Meucci players. He's a big Meucci fan and has used all these cues. They are players with lots of little dings and scratches, but nothing major. A couple have a little rollout (the white jointed one and the notched diamond model with the dark spec wrap) that doesn't affect play. Some of the shafts also have some rollout (typical old Meucci), but none lift from the table. I'll be glad to answer specifics, as I just got the cues and haven't really had the chance to check them out individually yet.

I know this is a "custom forum" for the most part, but there always seems to be interest in the old Meuccis, as I think they're just a better made cue than the new stuff. The prices with two shafts are going to be between $300-$350, which is very reasonable for these oldies.

They will probably end up on Ebay, but I figured I'd run them by here first. I won't be around during the day today, but will try to get answers to anyone that has questions this evening.

Thanks for looking!

Steve

Hello do you know the weight of these cues? How many shafts come with these cues?

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Thanks for all your interest and patience! I was hoping to have everyone's questions answered by now, but the owner had an offer for the lot of cues that he was in negotiation with until late last night. I don't know if they came to an agreement, but if they are still available today, I will have answers to your questions...

Thanks again!

Steve

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Hello do you know the weight of these cues? How many shafts come with these cues?

Hi,

From the top down:

1. 20.3-5 oz. (depending on shaft) - all of these come with two shafts
2. Sold
3. 17.0-17.3 oz.
4. 18 -18.1 oz.
5. 18.3-4 oz.

Thanks for asking!

Steve

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Could you provide pictures of shafts? and shaft diameters. Are all shafts matching? Are all cues playable. Are there two shafts per cue? Are the wraps all laquer finish?

I can provide pics of the shafts. Which cue are you looking at? Two shafts with all cues. All are playable. The first cue has a noticeable warp, but actually plays well. The rest have the usual old Meucci very slight lift at the joint, but roll well otherwise. The fourth cue has a little more than the rest, but is still very playable. All are lacquer finished except the fourth one down, which is exposed linen. Thanks for your questions!

Steve

Last edited:

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
The first, second, third, fourth, and fifth cues are SOLD!

The prices on the others are as follows:

1. SOLD!

2. SOLD!

3. SOLD!

4. SOLD!

5. SOLD!

Last edited:

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Thanks to everyone for all your interest and especially to those that bought cues. I think you will be happy with your purchases!

I still have #4 for sale, which is kind of surprising. It has a little rollout, as do most old Meuccis that I've seen, but is very playable and not a bad looker. It also has an exposed wrap, which lots of people prefer. Let's get it sold with a little price drop... SOLD! (in the US). When is the last time you saw an Original with block letters for this price?

Thanks again!

Steve

Last edited:

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Look deeply into the coin...

Buy this cue...

Buy this cue...

Buy this cue...

When I count three and snap my fingers, you will wake up fresh and relaxed and make a Paypal payment for your "new Meucci"...

One, two, three...

Attachments

• hypno-coin%20II.jpg
    hypno-coin%20II.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 451

sun526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
10   1   1
Look deeply into the coin...

Buy this cue...

Buy this cue...

Buy this cue...

When I count three and snap my fingers, you will wake up fresh and relaxed and make a Paypal payment for your "new Meucci"...

One, two, three...
LOL I gotta say that was a fresh and hilariously approach to selling a cue:rotflmao1:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Hi all,

I know this is a "custom forum" for the most part, but there always seems to be interest in the old Meuccis, as I think they're just a better made cue than the new stuff.

Thanks for looking!

Steve

Once again, the drawing power of the Meucci Originals is underestimated by the seasoned collector.

Steve, you worded this all wrong. This was really weak, my friend.

Here, let me re-write this for you:

" Folks, a rare opportunity to buy rapidly diasappearing and seldom seen old logo Meucci=Originals in untouched, original used condition. These cues come from an era when Meucci was the prime sponsor of Professional Pool and these designs kicked off the cue collector craze of the 1980's!

For his many innovations and contributions to the industry, Bob Meucci was inducted into the International Cuemaker's Hall of Fame , and these cues were built at the height of Meucci's career. His many innovations include such popular trends as the clear coated wrap, which serves the purpose of....of....whatever. Bob also was the first cuemaker to go "green" eventually eliminating the need for trees altogether.

Now, up for sale, featuring razor sharp points and stunning quality birdseye, the first three cues are the venerable Meucci Oldie 1, a tribute to the designs of George Balabushka. Bearing the original finish and scars of battle, these cues have character of wear and balance of design that cannot be found in the plastic coated, cookie-cutter world of modern production cues.

The next cue, the 84-6, is a seldom seen beauty that is a must for any collection. Compare this to Szamboti cues which trade at several times this amount. No Meucci would be complete without the "Meucci Shuffle" and folks, this cue exhibits it in classic fashion when rolled.

Next up, one of Meucci's most recognized stolen designs, the 84-5, a chain link butt set's off this magnificent cue.

Today only we are offering these cues, first come first served, at 2 for $700, 3 for $1050, or one for $350 - you decide and save!!!!"

Chris

Ps. I actually have a few old Meucci's and like them a lot. These are nice cues - I'm sorry that the latter reputation hurt them.

Last edited: