Old Pool Hall Owners Hoppe

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am going to help a older gentleman try and sell his 60's Hoppe cue and would appreciate any input. I will post pics when available. He is in his 70's and owned a pool hall in the 60's and 70's called Lockland Billiards. He does not want to create a account, the sale will be going directly through him. He has PayPal and Zelle, let's please get him taken care of. Details to follow...

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its real simple,, just post it with pics in the for sale section. not here. it will sell quickly unless over priced.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
good pics make for fast sale

300 and up depending on condition.

if he isnt a regular poster than few will send him money first. maybe find a reg. like you to list it or be the intermediary.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Packing a cue for shipping is a tricky situation if one has never done it before - make sure this is done correctly and stay away from the post office - Fed Ex or UPS only!!

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the advice, I have thought of this. I believe UPS stores offer a packaging service, I am going to look into it. My packaging below. Shooter08

Attachments

• 73560218247__28A4B590-36DE-4422-9E2E-DE71A82B57BB.jpeg
    73560218247__28A4B590-36DE-4422-9E2E-DE71A82B57BB.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 49

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
The original Owner of this cue told the current owner, who’s had now for 50 plus years, that it was a modified Hoppe cue with the work done by Brunswick. The work being a steel joint installed and different shaft built, both with the pearlized collars pictured and additional weight. I have not been able to find anyone who recalls Brunswick modifying cues And all the current owner can tell me was that there was a Brunswick dealer local to the area this cue was purchased. I’m thinking maybe someone who did cue work at this dealer modified it. I believe the the name Hoppe cue may of been used by some to describe any Brunswick cue with veneers during the time frame being discussed. Nothing has been done to this cue other than tips be replaced In at least the last 50 years. The cue is not a Willie Hoppe cue, the current owner never saw a signature on this cue. Any info that helps ID this cue would be greatly appreciated by Joe Bananas and myself. Thanks or your time. Shooter08

L.S. Dennis

Interesting, I still have mine that I bought in 63' but would never sell because of sentimental reasons. I don't have a clue what these things are worth, especially the one that's being advertised because of its modifications. Good luck with it!

Attachments

• IMG_4610.jpeg
    IMG_4610.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 50

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I personally have one very similar to yours. It has red three ball rings at the collars and an ivory Hoppe ring that was supposedly cut from a cue ball. Purchased between 57-59 by original owner at the Blue Cushion. very beautiful cue you have.

Attachments

• IMG_2126.jpeg
    IMG_2126.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2127.jpeg
    IMG_2127.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2128.jpeg
    IMG_2128.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2139.jpeg
    IMG_2139.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sales price is between buyer and seller. i was not involved in the negotiations or payment. just Wanted to help Joe get to a bigger market, he wasn’t having any response on Facebook except for me being nosey and trying to find it who originally modified it.